The Last Child of Gallifrey [WIPz]

Demeggy

Will whoever wins the screwdriver also be able to get the 10th doctors through the mini- quest?

Yep. I'll announce the winner in the morning, just to heighten the anticipation.

At the moment I'm just ironing out a few flakes with the console.

Currently, theres at least 12 interactable buttons. switches and levers on it and they all do something at the very least.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently, theres at least 12 interactable buttons. switches and levers on it and they all do something at the very least.

Thank you, i am sick of mods which require you to do something complex and really it is just pressing one button. :happy:

Thank you, i am sick of mods which require you to do something complex and really it is just pressing one button. :happy:

Yeeeah... I'm beginning to worry about the complexity of flying the TARDIS now...

Yeeeah... I'm beginning to worry about the complexity of flying the TARDIS now...

i'm sure all of us will figure it out

I am wondering about the dematerialization sound effects, among others. Did you find a good source for those? There have been good and bad versions of those over the years. I really like the long drawn out spacey versions, over the more perfunctory version frequently used just to get the TARDIS and its occupants somewhere quick (i.e. as a plot device).

Actually, come to think of it...is the old door opening sound effect even used in the new Who? Or the interior 'thrum'? There are so few TARDIS interior scenes now I can't remember if there are any notable sound effects while inside.

Tonights episode looks good...a little confusing but thats the fun of doctor who episodes..and i have to say despite david tennant being a very good doctor Matt is actually very talented aswell which really surprised me but still David tennant is the best so far for me.

I am wondering about the dematerialization sound effects, among others. Did you find a good source for those? There have been good and bad versions of those over the years. I really like the long drawn out spacey versions, over the more perfunctory version frequently used just to get the TARDIS and its occupants somewhere quick (i.e. as a plot device).

Actually, come to think of it...is the old door opening sound effect even used in the new Who? Or the interior 'thrum'? There are so few TARDIS interior scenes now I can't remember if there are any notable sound effects while inside.

You read my mind, no, we've got the full Hartnell take-off effects with the wishy washy'ness at the end of it. We've also got the new series gentle throbbing in the background, as well as the creaky wooden door and a host of sounds for the console switches and gadgets which I've taken from every era right through the series. We've got Davison's Time Corridor 'Cat Being thrown down a well' sound effect for certain... mistakes.

Tonights episode looks good...a little confusing but thats the fun of doctor who episodes..and i have to say despite david tennant being a very good doctor Matt is actually very talented aswell which really surprised me but still David tennant is the best so far for me.

I'm massively looking forward to it.

But now, followers, down to business.

I promised you a winner, and a winner we have. I'd firstly like to say thanks to everyone that posted and it's been a very difficult time trying to choose the logo I thought represented the project along with something that sticks close to the Doctor Who logo.

I can see a lot of effort has gone into each entry, and it hasn't been wasted, I personally think they're all bloody cool and deserve a good pat on the back, but this is a competition and there can be only one winner.

I had to base this decision on professionalism, down to the finest detail.

So, without further ado... the winner is... Cambragol. Congratulations!

Cambragol's logo simply simulated the 2010 'diamond' logo a lot more closely than many of the other designs, but it was mainly down to the lighting, the symmetry and the anti-aliasing of his FOW.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=11592

So congratulations Cam, I'll be dropping you an IM shortly to let you know about your prize.

Once again, well done everybody - thanks for the entries and keep following, we're very close to the end now.

In other minor update news, I can't figure out whats changed, but the flight has managed to tangle itself into a mess and ignore it's randomiser scripting. I'm going to look over this throughout the course of the day and fathom what global variables are causing it to be such a pain in the arse. I have my suspicions though.

WOOT...well done...cambragol...phew that was intense stuff even though i diddnt win it feels good to get it off my chest..but very well done and i have to say yours was very professional....next time i enter a picture competition il make sure i have photoshop because all i had was paint and i can tell you it stinks...any way im looking forward to the mod being realeased, i can almost taste victory....and once again well done cambragol :biggrin: