The Last Child of Gallifrey [WIPz]

Demeggy

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're in for a treat...

I think you all deserve a proper teaser.

It's not THE trailer... but it is an alpha video of the few few minutes of the mod (excuse my poor video editing skills and the annoying Fraps Captured stamps along with ultra annoying FO3 HUD).

Bare in mind, it's still an alpha, so whilst the maps are laid out, the gameplay may very differently alter.

In the first instance of the mod, the TARDIS was found in the Wasteland outside Megaton.

Now.. no more.

Enjoy :)

More constructive criticism. It's all I can do to help.

-Decorate the room with the TARDIS more. Put wires across the floor, connected to pads attatched to the TARDIS (like UNIT did in Turn Left - if you don't have Turn Left on DVD (shame!) I can provide pictues) and connecting to various machines and consoles.

-There should be a few Brotherhood of Steel guys in power armour protecting the area.

-You should probably give a better reason for getting the key. "Hey look guys, some random just wandered into our top secret dig site! Let's give him the key to the most powerful, dangerous machine in the universe!" isn't that convincing. I don't know how the story goes, so I might be wrong seeing as i'm just judging from the trailer, but if that's the case, i've got a better idea for it. (Again, I don't know how the story goes. My idea could interfere with the storyline.) Anyway, the Brotherhood has been searching a UNIT base and found the TARDIS. They've scanned it, done all sorts of tests on it and found out how powerful it is. They found the key somehow (however they did in your version) but even with the key, they haven't been able to get in.

So, when the Lone Wanderer arrives, tests are being run and they are desperately trying to get into it. You end up joining with them, helping them with various tasks until it's somehow suggested by one of the research team that you try opening it. You're given the key, and it opens. Quests begin, alonzi, ecetera.

The TARDIS is set to only open for certain people, even if they have the key, most people can't open it. It opens for the Doctor and his companions (although one of them couldn't get in), probably all Time Lords and can also make a sentient decision to let certain people in. This explains why it opens for you. I think it's better like that, gives them more motivation to give you the key.

No, i'm not done. I have a question - will the NPCs be voice acted?

More constructive criticism. It's all I can do to help.

-Decorate the room with the TARDIS more. Put wires across the floor, connected to pads attatched to the TARDIS (like UNIT did in Turn Left - if you don't have Turn Left on DVD (shame!) I can provide pictues) and connecting to various machines and consoles.

-There should be a few Brotherhood of Steel guys in power armour protecting the area.

-You should probably give a better reason for getting the key. "Hey look guys, some random just wandered into our top secret dig site! Let's give him the key to the most powerful, dangerous machine in the universe!" isn't that convincing. I don't know how the story goes, so I might be wrong seeing as i'm just judging from the trailer, but if that's the case, i've got a better idea for it. (Again, I don't know how the story goes. My idea could interfere with the storyline.) Anyway, the Brotherhood has been searching a UNIT base and found the TARDIS. They've scanned it, done all sorts of tests on it and found out how powerful it is. They found the key somehow (however they did in your version) but even with the key, they haven't been able to get in.

So, when the Lone Wanderer arrives, tests are being run and they are desperately trying to get into it. You end up joining with them, helping them with various tasks until it's somehow suggested by one of the research team that you try opening it. You're given the key, and it opens. Quests begin, alonzi, ecetera.

The TARDIS is set to only open for certain people, even if they have the key, most people can't open it. It opens for the Doctor and his companions (although one of them couldn't get in), probably all Time Lords and can also make a sentient decision to let certain people in. This explains why it opens for you. I think it's better like that, gives them more motivation to give you the key.

No, i'm not done. I have a question - will the NPCs be voice acted?

To answer all of your questions in one go; ynnnyooo... :P

Basically yeah, like it states this is only an alpha video, its basically the layout of the two UNIT rooms with the interactive NPCs and the TARDIS itself.

As you can see theres fading in the video, this cuts in and out of a LOT of dialogue trees between the player, Murfy and Scribe Smith.

There are Power Armour troops in it now, its just I took the Fraps footage before they were added, along with a pretty nifty lighting effect around the TARDIS itself.

And as for simply getting the key, no, don't worry, it's not quite like that :P

There isnt voice acting planned at the moment, time and effort consuming.

Other than that, like? Dislike?

edit: also, something you've mentioned in your post does occur ingame, but it doesnt occur until you enter the TARDIS itself.

my god demeggy i know that the trailer diddnt show that much but by god i was actaully extremely amazed when you enterd the room with the tardis and the music played...that was absolutely superb....

p.s. That music is gonna be included in the mod right?

my god demeggy i know that the trailer diddnt show that much but by god i was actaully extremely amazed when you enterd the room with the tardis and the music played...that was absolutely superb....

p.s. That music is gonna be included in the mod right?

It is, yes :) Thanks for the support. I initially dropped it in there as a soundclip to see how it fits in with the game, and yes, seems to fit in perfectly.

Sorry if it seems i'm being overly critical, but I figure that you want to know how to make it better, and I can give my opinion.

The Bad Wolf theme when you enter the TARDIS room seems a bit loud. Is it like that ingame, or was it fraps/whatever you edited it with messing it up?

Also, what in my post happens inside the TARDIS? Please, please tell me. :(

HERP DERP NO SPOILER HERE

EDIT:

Also, make a Mod DB page for this. It'll get far more attention. I found a Mod DB account by the name of Demeggy, I presume that's you?

Wow, that looks nice. Shame we don't see the inside of the TARDIS, that's the most important bit to me (at least the console room). Oh well, I'll wait like the others. :)

Part of the magic in that... that and the console meshes and room kit pieces still arent fully finished yet. I want to get the buttresses and walls looking nicer, and I've got somebody who's going to work on the textures for me, as Im useless with photoshop these days.

Keep your eyes on the twitter page today, Ill be doing a lot of work this avo as of now.

-

Edit; just out of curiosity, do we have any experienced web designers in here?

I wouldnt mind an actual site being knocked up for this, but it needs to look rather good.