The Last Child of Gallifrey [WIPz]

Demeggy

you are right that it isn't a warship. It was my mistake. I did some checking because i doubted myself and asked around. later somebody told me it was there private shuttle or something like that

:) no worries. There WERE Battle TARDISes in spin-off stuff (Big Finish audios), and War TARDISes (SIDRAT's) in the final Second Doctor story the War Games, but aye, the TARDIS is meant to be a living, symbiotic machine amalgamation. The Time Lords being the snobby backgrounder's they were, never interfered, and never really needed to equip their capsules with weapons. I'd put in a shooting range and armoury man, but I want it to feel JUST like the Doctor's TARDIS, and I can't imagine the peaceful Doctor having something like that onboard.

Hey, if there was at any point, he must've jettisoned it! :P

Hmmm... Jettisoning... reminds me... need to make a few additions to the TARDIS Configurator tonight...

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a point there. Because the TARDIS is not a warship, there is no need for a shooting range. But there is a Wardrobe for his clothes and for his compagnions.

And I might have a idea for the summoning of the tardis. In the mod Enclave commander you can set a drop space where the vertibird lands. Maybe you can ask the creator of Enclave commander if you can use his script for the TARDIS. And if this doesn't work out you will have to come up with something by yourself.

best of luck

Cool, Ill look it up, although I have tried that route and not had much luck you see. It all falls down to the object type of the Police Box and the door, and making them moveable. Simple in theory, tricky in practice :) I will try though.

At this VERY second, Im thinking of releasing a streamlined version of the mod and incorporating most of the big features in the final two releases.

The initial release has most of the guts and glory, quest, NPCs, TARDIS interior, rewards and easter eggs etc, but the actual meat of simulating the ship itself, i.e. looking after it, refuelling etc, is draining my attention right now. I want to be able to get the console refined and animated, polish it up and tidy up the storyline a bit, and by diverting all my resources to fiddly globals and such for the first release is time consuming.

How would people respond to the initial release having;

TARDIS Functionality;

- randomised travel (POSSIBILITY of targeted destination)

- sonic screwdriver

- configurable flight speed

- plus the main quest, and secret sub-quest.

That would be a great idea, and not because i want to be a time lord. If over the next few days you would release a beta for ten or so people, that is usually the best way to handle it.

Are you thinking about going into space with this mod, it may be very interesting.

Finally I would recommend you include the non random travel if it's working. Because I want to use the tardis as my house and want to really go anywhere I can go.

If you get the persons permission, you could use the enclave commander mod. He has a way to click on a map and anywhere you discovered you can travel to.

But just my plans for TARDIS world domination

Demeggy i kinda both love and hate you right now

i love you for making what appears to be an absolutly fantastic tardis mod that will be awesome to play.

I hate you because i was in the beginnings of making a tardis mod that seems very similar yours :P

granted i didnt get near as far as you, i got stuck modeling the console in blender (ive watched countless hours of doctor who over and over on itunes now trying to get a good look at a set that the camera never seems to linger too long on, i see the console in my sleep now, lol)

i had maps and a file folder full of papers and notes on flight schemes and console controls ( which btw are very unestablished on the organic console, theres appearently more than one way to fly it using either panel 3 (ecelston prefered) or panel 6 (tennent method), so ive got notes on all of this and then...

I come on here and see this...

So... Bah

anyway, im rambling, Looks like its coming along well, cant wait for it :D

Aaaah nowt wrong with a bit of competition ZIM! :P But cheers anyway, Im always open to any offers of help, be it testing, ideas or whatever. Any literal contributions are fully credited regardless.

But yeah, good news to all, the mod will have a VERY basic test release by Sunday.

Anybody else interested in giving it a spin, post a shout below and I'll make sure I fire you a PM on Sun with a DL link and instructions.

IF I can get this marker based teleportation script working for the Police Box static over the weekend, you'll see a specific type of controlled flight in the release. If not, itll be random until something else comes up I'm afraid.

Anyways, cheers!

Im not sure which Fallout Forums youre referring to? The Bethsoft ones? I may do, sure :)

Just a quick update, Ive had zero chance to get ANYTHING done this weekend, and rather than rush out even a basic release, I want to make sure it's enjoyable to testers so they get a good first impression, therefore Im saying anyone who's wnating to Test can get hold of a test release by NEXT Sunday. :)

Update:

Productive afternoon. Got the console room textured and meshed, and begun work on animating the Time Rotor (the central column at the middle of the console). I'll post some screenies this evening for definite.