The Last Child of Gallifrey [WIPz]

Demeggy

like this

At the end of the day, if I get a spare hour, I could always knock up the Classic variant, but I've got a lot of thing's I want to prioritise, such as getting the console model finalised first. We'll see.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update; Just managed to resolve the randomiser by changing it to a global variable, but my second problem is that the bloody door's won't reenable once you've landed. This means at the moment, you can fly from A to B, but as soon as you land, the door won't unlock.

I'm going to take off for the night and persist tomorrow.

As a 'treat', he's a terribly edited and put together short video of the Sonic Screwdriver in action. You have to bear in mind the model is only a basic, it's not properly textured yet.

Note: Allow youtube to process the video. If it's not working yet, try again later.

demeggy that is sexy! keep up the good work

Thanks. I'm also currently working on a piece of lit for the mod that'll come as a .PDF with the final release. It's essentially the TARDIS manual, with instructions on most of the major features and a couple of hints and tips for the game.

Demeggy are you still looking for a nice effect for a disabled robot. there is a nice effect in enhanced energy visuals. maybe you can ask for permission to use the effect? it's just a tip.

I like the idea of a manual for the tardis. can we also toss it in a sun?

Demeggy are you still looking for a nice effect for a disabled robot. there is a nice effect in enhanced energy visuals. maybe you can ask for permission to use the effect? it's just a tip.

I like the idea of a manual for the tardis. can we also toss it in a sun?

Heh... yeah, I instantly thought of the mod when he said that, and though 'oh *censored*'... perhaps it was Tennant who threw it into a supernova? At least that'd still fit in with the continuity? What?? It would!! ..okay.

Energy visuals wise guys, thatd just be too time consuming. I dont want to risk breaking the Screwdriver. It took me 7 months to perfect, and the only thing I'll probably do is remove the Mezz visuals and replace its attack sound with a higher pitched version of the unlocking screwdriver effect.

But ta for the suggestion.

Almost done with the scripting. Want to finish tweaking and perfecting it, but there's a danger I might try and get it too perfect and end up with yards of convoluted script like LCoG 1.0.

The 4th and Final Mode worked on tonight. Before you could randomly fly to different locations across the Wasteland, now you can save up to 3 of those locations in a Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Datastore and fly to those destinations at any time, avoiding the randomiser.

I'll put up a more indepth and detailed blog about it tomorrow on the site.

Hi all, a quick one, can I get some feedback on the Blog? Technicality wise, whether or not people are following it etc?

Bearing in mind it's more of a tech blog, are people able to follow it?

I'm reading it. Might help to have comments enabled. I'm able to follow it, though mostly because I have been fooling around with the GECK for several months now. You're working with scripts that are pretty far beyond anything I have written though.

I'm reading it. Might help to have comments enabled. I'm able to follow it, though mostly because I have been fooling around with the GECK for several months now. You're working with scripts that are pretty far beyond anything I have written though.

I'll enable them on a temporary basis for people to leave legit feedback, the only thing I don't want is people dropping random questions and requests, that's what this thread's for.