The Last Child of Gallifrey [WIPz]

Demeggy

this would have to be the most noobish statement of the century, but its the truth. i have only just come to the conclusion that i could actually make my model without having to add new meshes!!!!! lol

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this would have to be the most noobish statement of the century, but its the truth. i have only just come to the conclusion that i could actually make my model without having to add new meshes!!!!! lol

Not sure I follow? Either way, no such thing as a noobish statement. I'm going to work over the datastore script this evening, but I've got a bit of manflu at the moment so it may be in spits and spats.

Not sure I follow? Either way, no such thing as a noobish statement. I'm going to work over the datastore script this evening, but I've got a bit of manflu at the moment so it may be in spits and spats.

aah demeggy! get well! you should get better before you do to much work

i've been reading on the blogspot and it seems to be coming along great!

Many thanks for the well wishes Picard, I'm certainly resting up tonight and not even touching the GECK. I'll be cracking on with it tomorrow though for sure, I want to get every ounce of scripting finished this weekend so I can spend next week sorting out the models.

I've got to work on and gather some concept art for various controls aswell.

whats the actual purpose to UV mapping? why cant you just texture something in blender?

It has no way of X,Y,Z understanding. It could put the texture on upside down, inside out or mirrored and look out of sync.

Short of pulling my teeth out, I have no reached a limit with the Datastore and have 2 options.

1, only have 1 Datastore, and keep it as it is, this simple.

Or 2, have 3 Datastores, but have them all run off an individual activator (i.e. a switch per store, so 3 switches). Aesthetically, I'm not keen on this idea. Unless I can think of a switch which would look particularly fitting.

The hamradio.nif has a nice dial on it that can be easily separated out and made into a separate nif with nifskope. It has a turning action as well that can be used during activation.

You can also easily isolate the lever on the ControlPanelVault01.NIF and get yourself a very nice 'lever' complete with some glowing 'status' buttons. Nice sound too.

The hamradio.nif has a nice dial on it that can be easily seperated out and made into a seperate nif with nifskope. It has a turning action as well that can be used during activation.

Cheers Cam, I'll definitely look it up :) Youre right though, I've just got the entire Datastore working (Prim, Sec and Tert) by using 3 different 'dials'. Rather happy with them aswell, I'm going to tidy up the script and then the entire functionality of the TARDIS is complete.