The Last Child of Gallifrey [WIPz]

Demeggy

Hi there guys.

Brilliant input Bingo, and I'm sure you'd definitely be something the forum would be looking for, but for my particular mod in question, there's no NPC's to interact with, so you're role is already redundant I'm afraid!

PM Cambragol, he has a smashing mod in development at the moment and he may be interested in hearing from you.

Mod wise, I'm about to start pulling out teeth.

For the 3rd time, I might have to rework Flight Mode, as I feel I now know what the actual technical issue is.

And for anyone not in the UK who hasnt had the utter and sheer misfortune to not see The Pandorica Opens yet... oh my... oh my, oh my, oh my...

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there guys.

Brilliant input Bingo, and I'm sure you'd definitely be something the forum would be looking for, but for my particular mod in question, there's no NPC's to interact with, so you're role is already redundant I'm afraid!

PM Cambragol, he has a smashing mod in development at the moment and he may be interested in hearing from you.

For the 3rd time, I might have to rework Flight Mode, as I feel I now know what the actual technical issue is.

And for anyone not in the UK who hasnt had the utter and sheer misfortune to not see The Pandorica Opens yet... oh my... oh my, oh my, oh my...

>.< Don't rub it in Dem! Actually...my satellite has been cut off and i don't know if i will have it by the time it comes on. So i could be completely screwed in that area lol

Hi there guys.

Demeggy i agree with you, anyone who dosent live in the uk, well lets just say your in for a big surprise folks,woooo,wowoooo lol :whistling:

Hey Demeggy, hope you can lick those Flight Mode issues. I have a small sense of what you're experiencing, as I have had to rewrite several 'modes' in my mod. Each time I rewrite them I think I have covered all the variables and cases, then lo! a week or two later it's not working, and needs to be totally rethought.

Chiming in about voiced dialogues...they certainly enhance immersion, and I'd have to agree that there is nothing worse than encountering a mod that has poorly voiced dialogues, or none at all. Definitely an immersion breaker. However, I am mostly convinced, through hard, direct, experience, that voiced dialogues have had a negative impact on the quality, depth and breadth of quests and dialogues in role-playing games. Once you start building a large set of quests and dialogues, it is easy to imagine how the same situation would be handled in a professional, business environment. Some executive manager would say "limit the cost of voiced dialogue production to X dollars". As a result of that limitation, literally hundreds of lines, and tens of branching paths would be cut. If I had as nice a tool as the GECK for Fallout 2, I'd switch to that engine to forgo all the hassles of recording, fine tuning and inserting several thousand lines of dialogue.

Demeggy, consider yourself lucky that you don't have to deal with voiced dialogues!

Updates: New video on blog, not the concluding demo part I'm afraid but that isn't far off at all... No, this video shows a very brief WORKING version of Vortex Flight... Keep eyes peeled on blog for the footage.

Updates: New video on blog, not the concluding demo part I'm afraid but that isn't far off at all... No, this video shows a very brief WORKING version of Vortex Flight... Keep eyes peeled on blog for the footage.

Good to see you are back Demeggy and i'm happy that your job is sorted but i'm just wondering will there be a way to call the TARDIS whatever the location you are at?