Frozen wasteland

Nadin

I'm planning on a mod where there's a parallel universe you enter where there was a "quantum shift" which completely change everything. This universe is closest to ours, and the quantum shift was a residual effect from the sheer force of the thermonuclear war in the fallout universe.

This mod will have lots of new content and very large new areas. It will require the DLC's Point lookout, The pitt, broken steel, and operation anchorage. I essentially need a full mod team, so if any wants to volunteer, please pm me or post in the comments. Also, I noticed that many modders put their mods in locations either near dc or the vault 101/megaton/springvale area. This leads to conflicts and game crashes. So, if anyone wants their mod with this, I can modify the mod and put it in the parallel universe, Therefore avoiding excessive conflicts.

If I see any hope for this mode I will give more details. Please comment!

It sounds very ambitious. Good luck with your project.

I will point out that your mod as described will be a radical modification of the Wasteland worldspace and will likely conflict with a great many existing mods and many that haven't been created yet, and probably a DLC or two, If you do not include the northen portion of the Wasteland map then access to the Pitt would need to be moved, for instance. It is probable that players would need to create new characters to play your mod also, since existing characters could have savegame records of places that your mod will change or remove, and that will cause CTDs.

Some people may be willing to disable other user mods they have downloaded in order to play your mod, but the majority will not.

I think that modders should create whatever modifications that they wish, but most people who post about their mods on this forum are not making mods for only their own use and I would hate to see you spend months creating a mod only to get browbeaten by unkind commenteries and ratings.

If you create an all new frozen worldpace, as they did in Operation Anchorage, then you could avoid a great many problems and end up with a mod that could work with other mods that adapt the Wasteland and subsequently get more downloads for your mod. That is just a suggestion. It is your mod after all, your time and effort being spent, so if you wish then disregard this and carry on as you see fit.

It sounds very ambitious. Good luck with your project.

I will point out that your mod as described will be a radical modification of the Wasteland worldspace and will likely conflict with a great many existing mods and many that haven't been created yet, and probably a DLC or two, If you do not include the northen portion of the Wasteland map then access to the Pitt would need to be moved, for instance. It is probable that players would need to create new characters to play your mod also, since existing characters could have savegame records of places that your mod will change or remove, and that will cause CTDs.

Some people may be willing to disable other user mods they have downloaded in order to play your mod, but the majority will not.

I think that modders should create whatever modifications that they wish, but most people who post about their mods on this forum are not making mods for only their own use and I would hate to see you spend months creating a mod only to get browbeaten by unkind commenteries and ratings.

If you create an all new frozen worldpace, as they did in Operation Anchorage, then you could avoid a great many problems and end up with a mod that could work with other mods that adapt the Wasteland and subsequently get more downloads for your mod. That is just a suggestion. It is your mod after all, your time and effort being spent, so if you wish then disregard this and carry on as you see fit.

That makes the most sense I've heard all day. Dammit.