Conditionalising Terminal Menus

Demeggy

Hi all,

Im trying to setup a terminal which only shows up the option to open a door if 5 keys have been picked up by the player.

Ive simply set 5 conditions of the menu in question to check 'GetItemCount == 1', yet it doesn't seem to be working ingame.

Any ideas?

if the problem keeps sticking around, you could script it.

like:

note a,b,c,d,e

short unlockterminal
begin gamemode player

if player.gethasnote notea && player.gethasnote noteb && player.gethasnote notec && player.gethasnote noted && player.gethasnote notee

set unlockterminal to 1
endif
end

and for the terminal you can use a single condition (unlockterminal == 1)

if the problem keeps sticking around, you could script it.

like:

note a,b,c,d,e

short unlockterminal
begin gamemode player

if player.gethasnote notea && player.gethasnote noteb && player.gethasnote notec && player.gethasnote noted && player.gethasnote notee

set unlockterminal to 1
endif
end

and for the terminal you can use a single condition (unlockterminal == 1)

Hmm, I could do, it's just that I need the items to be just that, items and not notes :( I think it may be a problem with that.

The condition at current is;

Run on Subject --> GetItemCount --> Misc Item: AAATestKey == 1.00 AND

think i found your problem :D

getitemcount never works for me (well nearly never, only time it worked was when i counted an item that was part of Fallout.esm).

Ahhh wonderful :) Cheer Spam.

Now. Problem 2. A solution....

What'd be the best way to check the player has picked up the item? As it isn't a note, perhaps I could create a Global Variable and every time the player picks up one of the items, +1 is added to the Global.

The condition checks that the Global Variable == 3, and if it is... ta da?? :blink:

edit: global var theory works :) cheers for confirming my doubts about getitemcount dude :)