Total War

Renegade2

Have you tried Mart's Mutant Mod?

It doesn't necessarily add total war in the wastes, but it sure as heck adds some action. I basically caravan with just about all of the Vanilla followers, so the increased spawn actually brings back some challenge; giving me whole hoards of groups to push through if I so desire.

And yes, Big Town is often a point of contention even without mods. Before Mutant Mod, I'd often find Big Town under siege by Raiders. In my last walk-by, they took full control, killing all but one NPC. They left Bittercup alive, and using the Bittercup companion mod, I "rescued" and relocated her to Megaton.

I love this game... 200 hours invested and counting.

Yeah i have tried using MMM but something F@#$%* up and whenever i kill an enemy with it activated i get the Triangle with the exclamation mark

Having MMM mod and increased spawns, fighting in the DC area you actually get a "warzone".

It's a common problem with huge mods. If you install manually, make sure you don't drag and drop the whole data folder, drop and drag one by one ( texture, then sound, then meshes, etc...) to make sure all files are moved correctly. If you install using Fallout Mod package, that is even better. Remember to toggle archive invalidation after installing.