ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Problem Enchanting, Cooking and Potion Making.

kittysyay

Now, my problem is I go to enchant, cook, or make a potion. And it's fine for the first few seconds, then my character backs away from the pot or tables and the menu to cook, enchant or make a potion closes. And I'm not sure why. So does anyone have any ideas? And it isn't just for one table or pot. I've gone to others and it's the same thing again.

Yes I do run mods, but I've never had a problem like this until today. I did recently install a mod, like yesterday recently. And it allowed me to make spells. I deactivated it but my problem still persisted. And I'm not sure what to do about this, it's really making me angry because I want to get my enchanting level up. But I can't really when it's not working properly.

I don't know what else to say here so if anyone has any suggestions then that'd be helpful and if you have any questions, just ask because that could also lead to a solution to this.

I do have a sort of video that shows the problem. So here it is. If there's any problems with the video not playing or something just tell me.

hmm I'm not sure but I thought about this and if it's causing problems for enchanting, potion making and cooking than perhaps I can't craft at all! I haven't tried it yet and it's only an idea but it could be a reality. I'll obviously tell if I can't craft things from like the forge and stuff. I'm hoping I'm wrong with this though...

I have exactly the same problem. I am very carefull in installing mods, and I am installing only what I really want or need. Nothing just for testing. I am using 45 mods total and I picked them very carefully to not make mess from the game. Yesterday I installed

Stickier arrows

Faster arrows

Improved wards

immersive weapons

Ultimate spinning arrows with Immersive weapons patch.

But today I started to play the game, everything went perfect, game loaded as usual, untill I wanted to mine ore, or enchant, cook, brew potions or smelt ores to ingots. Crafting is without problems.

So I started to disable these mods one by one and nothing helped. I uninstall all these mods and still nothing. Then I loaded my old save games from far past (saves from week ago, when everything went fine) and still nothing helped... I simply cannot do nothing with it. I dont know how to fix it.

Anybody have any idea?

Edited by Rai27

Problem solved for me! :laugh:

My problem started when I encountered a dragon priest at Footprint for the first time. From this point, my game started to act like a crazy. Animations and even dying animations went wrong, because my screen pointed somewhere ... anywhere :) and also my health bar started to raise even if I am dead.

Than I realize that I saw this before - when I had a magic duel (shout duel) with a dragon!!! And this is it. I turned off Magic duel - reborn mod and everything is fine for me - with every save game.

So if you have this mod too, turn it off. If you do not have this mod, it could by any mod (even installed in the past), that has to do something with animations! Because cooking, enchanting, mining etc. is an animation.

Problem solved for me! :laugh:

My problem started when I encountered a dragon priest at Footprint for the first time. From this point, my game started to act like a crazy. Animations and even dying animations went wrong, because my screen pointed somewhere ... anywhere :smile: and also my health bar started to raise even if I am dead.

Than I realize that I saw this before - when I had a magic duel (shout duel) with a dragon!!! And this is it. I turned off Magic duel - reborn mod and everything is fine for me - with every save game.

So if you have this mod too, turn it off. If you do not have this mod, it could by any mod (even installed in the past), that has to do something with animations! Because cooking, enchanting, mining etc. is an animation.

Oh my god thank you so much! At first I was really scared because I thought that it didn't work but I had actually forgotten to deactivate it. But because of you I now can enchant, make potions, and cook. You have my eternal gratitude.

I am glad to help. :cool:

And I can give you advice. If you still want to have magic duel in game (I do, because for me the magic duel is the best mod ever!!!) uninstall Magic Duel - Reborn, and install the first mod created: Magic Duel (latest version 1.1.4) - it is less buggy and doesnt have a dragon shouting duel.

So far I have not had a duel, BUT I encountered a dragon priest like five times just for testing (dying :laugh: , cooking, mining, etc.) and everything is running perfectly :cool: .

• 4 months later...