ANARCHY

TheCalliton

Callito,

Did you think Anarchy was going to be a beer and bongos?

I agree the Kartina aftermath was a good example of total Anarchy.

the topic of anarchy is just so much fun at school

Probably because you're just going through an unrealistic thought experiment... dreaming the impossible dream, where everything comes up smelling like roses... unlimited optimism. However, reality is what it is.

hey, anarchy isnt practical it iwll never work. Its just a fun idea, like having two sets of arms

Image that... freedom without responsibility or practical concerns... fun. Who would have thought?

:P

Edit:

Does this mean you'll be changing your avatar from the Anarchy logo?

hey, anarchy isnt practical it iwll never work. Its just a fun idea, like having two sets of arms

You shouldn't be so quick to cave in. Anarchy, or atleast a form of it works, just in limited applications and isolated areas. Just because true anarchy can't function on its own doesn't mean that anarchy with some aspects of despotism, slave labor, and a little modern capitalism can't be sustained for a prolonged period of time. So long as other countries didn't interfere, and a quasi-stable economy could be maintained, such a system would be practical.

But the reality is that most people living in such a system would not be particularly happy or live very long. Therefore, such a system would likely need to be imposed from within, and established by a group capable of wielding enough power to subjugate the rest. Some parts of Africa, South America, and Asia use variations of this. While not true anarchy, it retains about as many elements of anarchy as you can sustain for very long.

The fact of the matter is that humans are social creatures, so any system which is based around isolation or being non-cooperative with others simply could not be truly adopted on any significant scale. The benefits of working with others far outweighs the costs of maintaining that relationship. Where you have people working together, you naturally have some sort of hierarchy and leadership structure. Even in prehistoric tribes, this was necessary for survival.

Anarchism is brilliant, the definiton of political correction. Sadly, it will not work aslong as there are abusive idiots on the planet. I do however think we could use anarchism as a political template where only basic laws apply. Ie: Traffic Laws, laws on abusal/murder, things like that, and just get rid of the crappy ones. Like laws reguarding possession of narcotics and software piracy. In todays taxlaw and justice system, alot of people are seemingly not fit for society, and therefore dicriminated by these laws. Such as prostitutes, nudists, alcoholics, drug addicts, homeless people. I mean, they have full right to live their own lives, and its not up to the government to babysit them. I mean, only because of that someone defines something as wrong, does not mean they have the right to prohibit it. People should be allowed to live their lives in the more profound of ways, if they want to give themselves HIV by pumping heroine into their bodies with a rusty needle, their call. Its when they spread it that they should go to jail.

Point is: people should be allowed to kill themselves slowly and painfully through whatever means that suits them, and it is not up to the government to fill our prisions with innocent people.

So yes, anarchism is brilliant, and even though no society can handle it since it requires every single person to be good and kind and not mentally sick, I still think we have alot to learn from it.

Image that... freedom without responsibility or practical concerns... fun. Who would have thought?

:P

Edit:

Does this mean you'll be changing your avatar from the Anarchy logo?

if there was true anarchy, it would require everyone to use their sense of reason.

and no, im not changin my avatar... yet. Just cant find the perfect avatar

edit: lord garfield, you remind me of Mill. I totally agree with you too.