Showracemenu crash

FiddleSticks96

I downloaded the lich king eyes mod and the beautiful people mod so it would work. When I used the showracemenu to change my characters eyes the game crashed instead. I tried using the face exchange lite mod and wrye bash but the game still crashes when I use showracemenu. I'm out of ideas so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I would be grateful.

• 2 weeks later...

I´m not sure if there is a solution. I read somewhere that showracemenu can cause crashes. I would suggest that you start a new game in order to get those mod working properly.

This is what is said about showracemenu in uesp wiki: WARNING: Using this menu will reset all of your skills to their default initial settings. (If you edit your race, instead of clicking "done" when you are done, leave the race menu open with the console up and save your game. When you reload it your race/looks will be changed like you wanted them to be and your skills will not be reset.) Using this command while wearing bound items may crash the game.

I´m not sure if there is a solution. I read somewhere that showracemenu can cause crashes. I would suggest that you start a new game in order to get those mod working properly.

This is what is said about showracemenu in uesp wiki: WARNING: Using this menu will reset all of your skills to their default initial settings. (If you edit your race, instead of clicking "done" when you are done, leave the race menu open with the console up and save your game. When you reload it your race/looks will be changed like you wanted them to be and your skills will not be reset.) Using this command while wearing bound items may crash the game.

If your character has any mod added elements including clothing, armor, eyes, hair etc that is not still active in your mod list, that can also cause a crash in showracemenu.

Did you disable a prior hair and eyes mod?

It's not well known, but if you have any mods which change the scale of the character, going into showracemenu with a scale other than 1 will crash the game. You can check this in console with getscale or can just fix it with setscale 1.

It's possible that other changes to the character, camera, or menus can cause crashes as well.

Edited by Vagrant0

this might sound stupid but, try doing "showracemenu" in different areas of oblivion. in my case, i couldnt activate it in a busy place or fraps consuming place, like a street with lighting and loads of buildings and people. it made my game crash because it just couldnt handle it. so try going to a place that has limited amount of lighting and no one around. it should work (:

well it did for me