how many members here were in the army

GETbacon

were you in the army  

18 members have voted

1. 1. were you in the army

• yes
    • no
    • resurves

I've noteised that a lot of the members here talking about ether being or still are or going to be so this is just a somewhat accurate figure.

also add what team or position you were (or are) in

Maybe the thing could be changed into 'serving your country' or something that fits all instead of just the 'army'.

Unless the OP was really targeting at people from the army.

To be honnest, having a deferment for Art School studies, then been stated exempt for family support reason 3 month before my incorporation date, and have to find a job.

I support the armed forces, and am gratefull that they do what they do, but i couldnt do that.

1. I have flat feet, so thats a downer and the army might not let me in

2. asthma

3. My shoulder, it cramps up if i stretch it wrong

4. BAD allergies... i take two pills and a nose spray every morning

5. I could never kill another human being unless they were attacking me personally or someone else

6. I think im a bad shot

7. My mom doesnt want me to be in polotics, the police, or the armed forced

8. I get ticked off by people yelling at me, and it kinda makes me emotionally unstable (my dad yells alot when i do bad in school)

as you can see, ill probably never be able to serve my country to the fullest

I support the armed forces, and am gratefull that they do what they do, but i couldnt do that.

2. asthma

5. I could never kill another human being unless they were attacking me personally or someone else

6. I think im a bad shot

8. I get ticked off by people yelling at me, and it kinda makes me emotionally unstable (my dad yells alot when i do bad in school)

Well Im ridiculously flatfooted too lol, I have yet to find a comfortable shoe since most shoe these days have an arch support built into it. But Im flatfooted and can run all day lol, its not as much of a hinderance as its made out to be, flat footed people just have different impact points on the bottom of their feet when walking and running.

-the asthma would be a problem, dont know how any brances would handle it because no one I know has asthma.

-The shoulder, unless you had serious surgery, should get accustomed to use as you use it more and more. My knee use to do the same thing but you just gotta power through it. Eventually itll stop hurting because itll get stronger.

-Dont know about the allergies, no one I knoe has that sorta problem.

-Not every position in the military is frontline combat, raiding houses, kicking in doors, that sorta thing. There are TONS of things you can do that are not combat oriented.

-Doesnt matter if youre a bad shot, you'll learn to be a good one lol.

-Cant always live in the shadow of youre parents dude, you gotta do whats best for you. Hell when I told my mom I signed up for the Marines she started crying almost immediately haha.

-As for the yelling part, take it with a grain of salt, dont take anything personally. When youre getting yelled during training, its not because they are attacking you personally, its to motivate you, push you past youre limits. ILl tell ya man, its works. When you have a big mean angry Ssgt running behind you telling you to run faster, lol youre gonna run faster hahaha. IT works lol.

10 years down, 10 to go (still on active service).

Did time as a Bradley Driver, dismounted SAW gunner, squad leader, some time in Headquarters units as a driver/assistant to the Adjutant, driver/equipment wrangler for a Brigade Intel shop, currently a Combat Medic, looking to retrain into a new job on my next reenlistment (got arthritis developing in my left ankle, and not-so-good at carrying heavy loads anymore).

2. asthma

6. I think im a bad shot

Well Im ridiculously flatfooted too lol, I have yet to find a comfortable shoe since most shoe these days have an arch support built into it. But Im flatfooted and can run all day lol, its not as much of a hinderance as its made out to be, flat footed people just have different impact points on the bottom of their feet when walking and running.

-the asthma would be a problem, dont know how any brances would handle it because no one I know has asthma.

-The shoulder, unless you had serious surgery, should get accustomed to use as you use it more and more. My knee use to do the same thing but you just gotta power through it. Eventually itll stop hurting because itll get stronger.

-Dont know about the allergies, no one I knoe has that sorta problem.

-Not every position in the military is frontline combat, raiding houses, kicking in doors, that sorta thing. There are TONS of things you can do that are not combat oriented.

-Doesnt matter if youre a bad shot, you'll learn to be a good one lol.

-Cant always live in the shadow of youre parents dude, you gotta do whats best for you. Hell when I told my mom I signed up for the Marines she started crying almost immediately haha.

-As for the yelling part, take it with a grain of salt, dont take anything personally. When youre getting yelled during training, its not because they are attacking you personally, its to motivate you, push you past youre limits. ILl tell ya man, its works. When you have a big mean angry Ssgt running behind you telling you to run faster, lol youre gonna run faster hahaha. IT works lol.

I think if you have flat feet they won't except you. I to have flat feet and horrable allergies to nature, and never think of killing another human being, thats not right.