Vault Mod

Deleted1497043User

So anyone up for it?

I'll maybe give it a shot. I haven't done alot of scripting before, but i'll look at RTS and other stuff, and this should be a great experience for me. Don't expect anything yet.

Also, You will enter the door to the vault, and then be right in the living quarters. The reason i'm not housing in Vault 101 is because it takes 2 minutes to get the the living quarters. So, no long vault door intro/traveling through long halls to get to where people are.

EDIT:

I'm giving up. The block that was ending the hallway, which had to be moved when the player creates a new hallway piece, wouldn't move, and it got stuck in some loop that kept removing caps. I looked it through 3 times and i couldn't spot what was causing any of it. I removed the script and recreated a part of it. Same result. I'll maybe try again later.

Just thought i'd make a bump with a little info:

I figured a way to avoid this loop. And also, i've done this way before where it worked, i still don't know what was causing the loop. Anyways, so the caps don't keep getting removed, and about the hallways, i can make it work if people don't mind having a hole in the end of the hallway leading into 'nothing'. Also, if you enter 'nothing', you are teleported to the start of the vault. And if people want to avoid seeing it, they can just buy a turn so they can't see it :) So i'll have to rewrite the buy hallway system, but now that i've done it once, i can remember how i did it.

EDIT:

And don't worry. The hallway pieces don't take time to get done, but a room will take a week to be done.

I was thinking.... Bunker 72 use an appear/disappear script for secrets passages and things like that, maybe with some modification it can be used for resolve that problem.

or you could use unmoveable activateable objects like in the mecanists layer or proxy triggered false walls