TESO: The Cost of Doing Business

Adipose

15 per month!!! thats ridiculous!!

not really i pay for 4 accounts on another MMO and thinking on a fifth but atleasdt that MMO is worth it

in general people end up paying more for a F2P than a monthly subscription fee if the game is any good

and paying you will , if you want to go beyong that cap level or want to acces a certain area or want that badass armour that

zenimax already opened the box with their special imperial edition and there horses

Edited by kleinstaff

Its nice to see that this is an open forum where all opinions are allowed and received with civility [/sarcasm]

people ARE allowed to dislike games, you know. Especially with the modern "buy-in AND monthly fee" system

As for the OP's question, which is the better (more economical) offer;

$60 once at your local gaming store

or

$15 a month online

or

some here are presenting as having to pay both, for a single game.

which begs the question of why? Why would any mere game be worth $75 initial buy-in and then an additional $15 a month?

Glad you got the context of the matter, before jumping to conclusion.

People can hate the game for all I care, I don't play, nor do I plan to play, ESO.

The problem lies with a certain person who goes on every single thread that mentions ESO, bash it for no reason, and just act like some doomsayer running around screaming.

Fact is: This is a SKYRIM forum. If the question "Is ESO worth it" or "How is ESO?" comes along, people answer it fairly. Not the bulls*** "I play 1 MMO(I wager WoW). And ESO is too much like it. And it cost too much. And I hate my life. And I ate a frog this morning.": Who needs that? The person asking how it is doesn't, I certainly don't and I doubt anybody else wants to hear how much ONE person HATES a game.

I don't got anything against people saying their opinion. But for the love of god, behave, and know the facts. I remember before ESO people were raging because it wasn't F2P. The majority of those people had NEVER played an MMO, so they just vented their anger towards us, simply because they had no idea what an MMO is about.

Now it's the same, people(Or one guy) bashes the game all over, with no backing, simply because he likes OTHER games MORE.

It really gets annoying. I mean, check Kleinstaffs posts. All are about ESO. On a Skyrim Modding fourm.

Say your opinion, be fair and get out. That's pretty much how you should deal with ESO here. if there are bigger discussions to be had, take it up on the official forums. Where people actually are interested in it. Not here, where we are interested in Skyrim, and modding.

Yes, I get fed up about this. People never learn. Sigh

Edited by Matth85

Its nice to see that this is an open forum where all opinions are allowed and received with civility [/sarcasm]

people ARE allowed to dislike games, you know. Especially with the modern "buy-in AND monthly fee" system

As for the OP's question, which is the better (more economical) offer;

$60 once at your local gaming store

or

$15 a month online

or

some here are presenting as having to pay both, for a single game.

which begs the question of why? Why would any mere game be worth $75 initial buy-in and then an additional $15 a month?

Yes, they are. But in the appropriate threads.

Person A asks a question. Person B (me) answers question. Person A says thank you and everything is fine. Person C decides to put his ESO-hating opinion on yet another thread and begins a storm. You see what I'm getting at?

The $15 covers server upgrades and free DLCs and other content that needs to be added. This way, it guarantees that everyone is playing the same game with the same content. It's a little steep, but I think it's worth it.