Mirroring Meshes with Blender

MadTod

I'm in the process of making my own armour for Fallout new Vegas but keep running into problems I then have to overcome.

I'm using the Merc Charmer boots for the Female version but I didn't like the right boot so I mirrored the left boot, my problem now is as follows:

1. The first attempt I duplicated the left boot then mirrored it and when I went in-game it had no texture and while walking it followed the left one, I also kept the Canteen and mirrored that to the left boot.

2. The second attempt I imported the Merc Charmer outfit again and deleted everything except the left boot which I then mirrored but my problem now is,

when I import the skeleton the mirrored left boot (right boot) reverts back so I have two left boots.

So, does anybody know how to link the new right boot with the right foot of the skeleton and also how to get the texture to work?

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

You need to rig the new boot, its using the left side rigging instead of the right side so it only moves when you use the other foot.

To mirror a item easily go to:

Editing section (its the little box icon on the tray)

Add Modifier

Mirror

Then hit Apply

You should now have a mirrored boot, you still need to rig it though.

If the boot is all black you need to flip the normals, select the boot you need to fix in edit mode.

Mesh Tools

Flip Norm

Or

Mesh menu

Normals

Flip

When flipping the normals do I need to have the mirrored boot selected, because I can't select it individually in object mode or edit mode, it has no verticals, edges or faces.

And, how do I rig it?

Edited by TanisDuncan

Your using blender?

Select the mesh (right click on it)

TAB

A

Now either hit B once for a box selector or hit B twice for a circle selector

If you need more control over the selector use CTRL AND + (num pad +)

Or if you want to be cheap and not do as good a job:

TAB

Mesh menu

Normals

Recalculate Outside

I am not going to go over rigging because there are TONS of tutorials out there, if you can not figure it out from these tutorials try google:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Fallout._Part_1

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45444/