143 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one:

• Human Noble
    • Elf Commoner
    • Elf Dalish
    • Dwarf Casteless
    • Dwarf Noble
    • Mage

not to go against the trend but i found human noble lacking xd and a fondness for both the dwarf storylines.

Its not what they did, its what they could have done. Much like the dwarven provings etc. There is no fencing part, or political part in the human noble origins. Your just a noble, they say they love you and for what its worth its not a bad origins but even elf storylines are more immersive. Killing shems and being an ass to duncan and cailan xd

What bothered me in the dwarf noble side was that you could not petition for joining the legion of the dead. your basically put in the deep roads to fight darkspawn.

Its not so bad but it could be better.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one I have yet to do is the Drawf commoner. I like all of them, but It's hard to pick a favorite. I do like the City Elf and Human noble stories, and even though I'm not a drawf person (either lol) I really do like the noble story. So hard to pick...

mine would have to be human Noble origin, i just like the way it is for some reason. all the others just don't seem to fit my tastes. i have only played all of them to the end except dwarf commoner.

I love the City Elf female version. It was kind of frustrating trying to play the confident bad ass at first with the humans getting in your face and slapping you around, but it all becomes worth it when Soris slides you the sword and even the guards are like, "oh crap."

Oh, a lot of people don't like the dwarves eh? I freakin' love em. Wee packages of dynamite. :)

Hard to say,,, I don't like the Dalish Elf origin story very much, nor either of the Mage ones... mainly because I'm clueless as to how mages work and I have no idea how to effectively kill enemies as a mage, because I just can't figure out how to cast a damn spell without getting swarmed by monsters and killed!

All of the other ones are quite fun and exciting to play. But I think my favourites would be both of the Dwarf origins... especially the Noble Dwarf one, because that was the very first I ever played. <3

Dwarves 4 eva. Pinnacle of awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I've played all the origins, some of them more than once and as different genders. I'm playing the dwarven commoner (female) now, for the first time, and I think this one is my favorite. It had the most action in the beginning and seemed the most believable for the type of character being portrayed. However, as another poster indicated, I'm really addicted to this game and I've enjoyed most of the origin stories. My bigger problem is that I really needed to start out as a rogue most of the time in order to be able to get into chests in the beginning of the game. I just found a post on Bioware with a download that enables me to bash open chests now. That will make it easier in future games. Enjoy your gaming everyone.

5-28-10 BTW, I did install that lockbashing mod and it works great. I got it on the Bioware site. I don't think it was on this site. I think it is called xatmos_lockbash. It really helps a lot when you're not playing as a rogue.

• 2 weeks later...
Definatly dwarf noble, you really get a taste of power when you decide what to do with that poor scholer when he is being harrased. There also is a lot of political intrigue that was sadly lacking from the human noble origin. On my first playthrough Bhelen took me completely by surprise! Needless to say he did not sit on the throne. All the other origin stories are good, but in my opnion the dwarf noble rises to the top.

Dwarf Noble was my favorite, for the same reasons so many have noted. You really feel like you matter in Orzamar, yet you realize you're being played by almost everyone in the end. You see why the Dwarves consider the last tiny fragment of their civilization worth fighting for and would never want to leave it, yet you also feel how stifling it is and how desperately it needs to change to survive. Felt like being a Roman in the time of Julius Ceasar, when the beloved Republic had to die if Rome was to survive. When you finally see how the Humans and Elves live, you appreciate even more how much you've lost and gained by becoming a Warden.

Mage is the one I've played most often. I like it well enough. You get a feeling for the good and bad of the Mage's life. If you make a point of talking to everyone, you get a picture of the friendships and semi-family relationships your Mage has built, and you also get a picture of how little real freedom he has. If your Mage was someone who could find joy living in his own head, in books, and in stolen moments of privacy with a few friends, his life wasn't bad. If he was a rebel / wanted real freedom / yearned for his family and other connections from before coming to the tower, his life was hard. On the other hand, while I liked the Fade, breaking out felt anticlimactic. The initial combats and dungeon crawls in the other origins are better done.

Human Noble was very satisfying, and the closest to a standard RPG origin for good or ill. You feel like a younger brother, and a bit like an over-protected spoiled rich kid until the end of the origin. Makes your rise more interesting, and gives you a very strong stake in the story. Other origins sometimes make me feel like Alistair's sidekick, helping him rise to power. The Human Noble makes me feel like his friend and rival, Loghain to his Maric but without the betrayal.

Dalish was OK, and again you got a sense of who they are and how they see the world. A nice taste of adventure before you start the main story, and you feel like you've earned your starting items.

Ah yay so glad to find this thread since I love playing the origins! I have played all of them and will rank!

6th - Dalish Elf, I HATE this origin so much and I don't really know why! I love my little Dalish elf I have, she is fiery and hates humans and is just freaking adorable yet getting through that origin for her is like an act of congress! The only thing I like about this origin is the fact there is a merchant there and I wish the others had that as well (Well ... not including the dwarf noble but you loose all that so what's the point!), man so much loot and stuff you end up with before even heading to Ostagar!

5th - Mage - This was my first origin and it is the one I have played more than any other because I love mages so freaking much! So I can't hate on this origin but there is really nothing all that special about it. :/

4th - Dwarf Noble - I will say right now I do not like dwarfs! They are my least favorite race but the story was still really good for this and I enjoyed it :D And like someone mentioned above, I love how you get to show your power by deciding what to do with that scholar! That was really cool and I wish more of that had been included in the Human Noble story.

3rd - Human Noble - It was a toss up between this and City Elf as 2nd & 3rd on my list! But omg PEOPLE ARE ATTACKING MY HOME! MY HOME! That is so personal and epic and o m g killing your nephew :( God when I saw that for the first time I teared up and was ready to go kick some major butt for being such heartless bastards!!!!!!!!!! And when I left my parents to die, oh god, I teared up again! It is just such an epic and sad origin and breaks my heart every time!! BUT what the hell is up with how crappy the place is? It's like some run down stone hovel!!! My family is supposed to be one of the most powerful in the country why do we live like that?

2nd - City Elf - Man ... this is the one where I do shed tears everytime I find Shianni and know what all 3 of those men just did to her. (confirmed when you talk to her back at the alienage and before leaving with Duncan) Maybe it's b/c what happened to her is close to my heart but I never fail to get emotional everytime I have played this one :( I luv Shianna and wish I could take care of her once I play my new city elf through and marry alistair thanks to mods!! But anyway, I just love how my little 'nobody' goes through a nobles home killing everything in sight and proving you don't mess with an awesome elf!! Also you get so much loot in this one and that awesome shield with the high stats!

1st - Dwaf Castless. Okay. So. As stated earlier I do not like the dwarfs! Yet this origin is just so EPIC and awesome!! By far my favorite of all of them. Like someone mentioned before, how awesome and powerful it is when you stand before that crowd and reveal yourself with that big FU to the idiots who believe you are below them!!!!! Whee!!

So ya, that is my list! I really do like all the origins besides the stupid annoying Dalish one!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Why exactly do i get the feeling that Iola is not the brightest bulb? "Hmmmm. There is screaming outside, I'm not supposed to be here, i'm not dressed, and im completly unarmed. Lets see whats behind this door! Oh boy, my untimely death! WEEEEEE!" Also, why didn't mom care that theres a dead naked elf in your bedroom?