many mods at the same time

kothaufen

hey guys,

I am nwe to this and my dream would be to run many mods with neq quests and features at the same time.

Is this possible or should I only enable one quest-mod at a time?

Also if it's possible how do I figure out which ones will be incompatible with others?

well I can't give you a general answer which exact mods will interfer,but you should get to know which e.g. npc is affected by your loaded mod or if the mainquest will be touched. more than one mod changing one person or quest or whatever will cause problems. if the mainquest gets changed,you should better start a new game if you are further than the changed point.

if you get,lets say a crash back to desktop,you can uncheck some mods in FOMM or the fallout launcher and then get closer to the mod which causes the trouble.

But don't get too pessimistic,it is possible to run more than 100mods at a time ;)

There is an available mod called FO3Edit that will allow you to detect and resolve conflicts between mods so that you can run multiple mods. I believe that the maximum number of mods allowed by the game to run concurrently is 255, assuming that they do not conflict.