Dual-wield Rogue or Warrior?

Retribution

I don't know which to pick for being a dual-wielder. It seems that both would have advantages, but it seems to me that the warrior would be the better choice. Am I missing something? The only really good talent for it for a rogue would be the evasion one that allows you to evade 20% of attacks.

dual striking eliminates criticals and backstabs. since rogues basically depend on those two things to equalize with a warrior in damage, it is basically unusable on a rogue. you're much better off using momentum, and even then, the huge stamina drain makes it only worthwhile after you've burned your talents, or you have constant stamina regeneration effects active.

Whats so overpowered about Dual Striking ???

http://dragonage.gulbsoft.org/doku.php/abi...s/dual_striking

Sounds pretty harmless to me.

Well, lets say you have rogue and warrior with identical stats (str/dex) and your warrior use dual striking+momentum, but your rogue use only momentum, because of the backstab/critical prohibition.

In the fight your warrior strikes with both weapons per hit, if his weapons are doing 50 dmg, that's 100 dmg per hit - this looks like a critical hit with 100% enhanced damage, uninfluenced by flanking.

The rogue have to flank in order to have 100% chance to crit/backstab and even then he is hitting with only 1 weapon.

Now, if you got the picture, add to it the warrior's specializations for more damage and mage's sustained spells like frost/flaming weapons...

Err, you will never go for same stats with Rogue. Rogue will go for dual dagger, Cunning, and Lethality. Thats how you can be a great Rogue AND a good backstabber. Only thing thats annoying is you get Lethality only later in the game (Level 8), but you need Cunning right from the start for your Rogue skills.

I dont know much about the numbers though.

Anyway my Warrior went for Twohanded weapon instead and its fun so far. Only annoying if the opponent is almost dead and you have trouble to hit him one last time for that little bit of HP.

I finally settled on a Dalish Rogue for my first complete run through after fussing with a Warrior for a bit. I decided that having some of the essential skills on board my main character would be useful enough to give up some damage. However, this Rogue to date is doing far more damage than the party tanks. With light armor, high Dex and useful weapons he's a dynamo of death.

Through the beginning adventures, I had him Dual Wielding daggers, but through the DLCs I experimented with swords and daggers. That wasn't as effective, until I got into The Stone Prisoner. Now he Dual Wields Asturians's Might and Olaf's Prized Cheese Knife. Simply wicked amounts of damage now.