Invisibility Issue

Xeniorn

I have a problem with invisibility. I created a spell that casts Invisibility 3sec on Self and Open 25pts on Target. It worked well for the first few times, but when I used it to open the door in Imperial Comission in Ebonheart to the room with "Elvul's Black Blindfold" I apparently became constantly invisible.

After a few attempts to cure it with "player->RemoveEffects, 39" and a few Savings/Loadings I managed to become non-transparent again. But the problem is people still can't see me, I have to stand right in front of everyone's face otherwise I get "Who's there?" dialogue. I could live with that but the monsters can't see me either, so I get criticals all the time and they do not attack me.

I don't believe my problem has anything to do with mods I am running...

So does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I already tried all that... no success... I was wondering if there is something like a reset command, that re-calculate all effects, like a refresh command or something like "ra" for actors.

By casting Invisibility again I just became transparent for good... I somehow managed to get rid of the transparency but I'm in fact invisible. Dispelling doesn't work, I thought that if I cast invisibility on self and then typed player->RemoveEffects, 39 it would fix the problem but it only removed the spell "icon" (next to the minimap) leaving me both transparent and invisible to the other folks.

I remember there was a similair topic a long time ago but I wasn't able to find it...

I don't know but you might try changing your race. That usually resets stats. If it works you can subsequently change back again. I have not had the problem so I don't know if it will help but it is worth a shot. Console command I THINK (not sure) is enableracemenu. Someone else will know the correct command if I have it wrong.

Will there be any side effects when I carry this out? Will any global variables or scripts be reset?

-It didn't work. My guess is that there is some global variable or some other global value that checks if player is invisible or not. But I fear that it's hardcoded in the game...

Any other ideas?

Archived