Hate vs Love

Monarch_Anor

Love and hate are both emotions, thereby defying logical quantification. They both involve caring about the subject matter though... with the opposite of such strong emotional states being apathy (contrary to popular belief, love and hate are not opposites... they can co-exist). When you care for something, how it effects you / your values will determine how you feel about it. There are certain biological imperatives involved too... ;)

RE: spiders.

I know some are poisonous, most spin webs, and all eat other pests. I don't really care about them, but I do care about my health, and the cleanliness of my home. Since the spiders in my area of the world aren't really dangerous (bites are like mosquito bites... itchy / minor annoyance), I usually leave them alone when outside. Inside, I usually kill them when I see them... I don't like such pests spinning dust magnets / roaming around where I live / eat... This illustrates my apathy towards spiders: I only care about how they affect me. If I were to "hate" spiders, I would perhaps seek to do them harm regardless of their impact on me. Big difference.

the average human eats about 6 spiders during sleep in his life... just by the way :D

btw2:

since all our thoughts inlcuding feelings are more or less just electrical transfers between neurons similiar to a computer, who the heck sits behind the keyboard and tells it when to ignite a receptor? or is the phenomen human computer so amazing that we are just part of one whole where the surroundings and environments basicly determine the input and thus the reaction, basicly taking any self determination away? but if so, wouldnt there be the need for a third instance which tells us and the environment how to act? or is it a self sustaining organism like lets say a game of sim city on gepard speed while you get a coffee, basicly once all is set it runs and runs and runs but never really changes?

the average human eats about 6 spiders during sleep in his life... just by the way :D

btw2:

since all our thoughts inlcuding feelings are more or less just electrical transfers between neurons similiar to a computer, who the heck sits behind the keyboard and tells it when to ignite a receptor? or is the phenomen human computer so amazing that we are just part of one whole where the surroundings and environments basicly determine the input and thus the reaction, basicly taking any self determination away? but if so, wouldnt there be the need for a third instance which tells us and the environment how to act? or is it a self sustaining organism like lets say a game of sim city on gepard speed while you get a coffee, basicly once all is set it runs and runs and runs but never really changes?

If you're implying that the human mind is a machine, Let's just say that I've seen god do some crappy work on a few unmentioned A.I.s.

Also, tests have shown the subconscious makes a decision before the rational, conscious mind does. Think about what that implies for free will for a second.

Yeah.

And you know what the worst part is?

You've already decided what you're going to right in reply.

(even after you change your mind)

Lol you know whats really funny, when you can absolutely HATE someone so much that you never want to see or talk to them ever again....but you do anyways because for some reason I.....err ummm....YOU (busted!) am crazy about her lol.

Its sooooooooo funny....in a wierd and really annoying way. I know Im not the only one lol. Like every thing about a certain someone can drive you insane and you can absolutely loathe a person, but also, for some strange ungodly reason, continue to talk and have relations with them......even you might completely hate them!

....which is my dilema lol. Just about EVERYTHING about a particular ex gf of mine makes me sick, and I can truely say that I cannot stand her....but at the same time Im always wondering how shes doing, or we talk for hours on end about nothing, or I wanna hangout with her....or something, but I absolutely hate her.

Talk about a mind bender haha. Funny how relationships end up aint it.

Lol you know whats really funny, when you can absolutely HATE someone so much that you never want to see or talk to them ever again....but you do anyways because for some reason I.....err ummm....YOU (busted!) am crazy about her lol.

Its sooooooooo funny....in a wierd and really annoying way. I know Im not the only one lol. Like every thing about a certain someone can drive you insane and you can absolutely loathe a person, but also, for some strange ungodly reason, continue to talk and have relations with them......even you might completely hate them!

....which is my dilema lol. Just about EVERYTHING about a particular ex gf of mine makes me sick, and I can truely say that I cannot stand her....but at the same time Im always wondering how shes doing, or we talk for hours on end about nothing, or I wanna hangout with her....or something, but I absolutely hate her.

That's what we call human emotion. ******* up, Isn't it?

Lol extremely. To the point of it being maddening haha.

Lol extremely. To the point of it being maddening haha.

then perhaps you seek love in the wrong places,or perhaps with the wrong person!