The Loreibble Books Mod

Sfumato

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ma'iq is full of it, most of the time, but sometimes he really does know stuff that others don't. For this reason, I think that some other books by him should cover some of the secret things in the game (Oblivion) that are otherwise undocumented. There's lots of potential for this, ranging from the Uderfrykte to just what is up with Goblin Jim.

Also, since he tells us some nifty things in the game, maybe he could go into more detail about some of them in such a way that lets the reader learn something. For example, he thinks that people who want crossbows in the game are idiots. Maybe he could tell a funny tall tale about some "Master of the Crossbow" who got his butt handed to him by a guy with a mace while he was trying to reload. That book could boost Blunt skill.

One thing, though, is to make him simultaneously more outrageous AND more convincing. That means not having every single thing he says be a lie, often self-contradicted, so the reader doesn't think to just discount what he says immediately.

What I included in this book were more kin to his classic rumors. Some jokes are really subtle, like how all the mudcrab staves looked the same. How many hollowed out giant logs have you seen on the side of the road? 10? 20? Over 9000?

That's another thing about this book. "Giant Mudcrabs have no weak points. They are immune to massive amounts of damage."

Can you guess where that is from? ;D

Anyway, about it raising speech, I think it just may, but raise it by 10 instead of the normal 1.

Perhaps I will write more books by him with a little more truth.

Pardon my being away for a bit. My Master File corrupted and I needed to find out why it kept doing it after reinstalling. Back now though. I will continue writing books later!

Good luck with fixing it, I have realised that I kinda suck at anything besides poetry and limericks. Tell me if you need that kind of thing, I can problably summarize alot of lore into a few verses.

What I included in this book were more kin to his classic rumors. Some jokes are really subtle, like how all the mudcrab staves looked the same. How many hollowed out giant logs have you seen on the side of the road? 10? 20? Over 9000?

That's another thing about this book. "Giant Mudcrabs have no weak points. They are immune to massive amounts of damage."

Can you guess where that is from? ;D

Anyway, about it raising speech, I think it just may, but raise it by 10 instead of the normal 1.

Perhaps I will write more books by him with a little more truth.

Wasn't all his dialog suppost to answer questions that bethesda had piling up in their forums , like will there be crossbows in oblivion ect?