from ESP to ESM problems

Agnot2006

I have recently moved to F3 version 1.7

changed some mods to ESM’s to get over the head and body texture problems.

Updated a mod from an ESP to ESM and now the door has gone back to being boarded up.

I have another were the rubble has re-appeared in front of a door so you cant get in.

It was fine and has worked for a long time as an ESP.

There is nothing else in the load order that could effect and overwrites the mod as far as I can see.

Can anyone help with an indication of where the problem may be located?

Has no one any ideas?

Agnot2006

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this has anything to do with your situation.

It seems to me that I ran into problems by using both FOMM and FO3Edit to swap the .esm flag. Now I only use FO3Edit to change from .esp to .esm and back and don't see the weird glitches that used to pop up when I used both. I had to dump several days of work and restore an older .esp backup to get rid of the glitches. I am assuming the source of the problem, I admit, so it is only anecdotal evidence, but I haven't seen a reoccurance since using only FO3Edit for mastering.

It seems to me that I ran into problems by using both FOMM and FO3Edit to swap the .esm flag. Now I only use FO3Edit to change from .esp to .esm and back and don't see the weird glitches that used to pop up when I used both. I had to dump several days of work and restore an older .esp backup to get rid of the glitches. I am assuming the source of the problem, I admit, so it is only anecdotal evidence, but I haven't seen a reoccurance since using only FO3Edit for mastering.

I only used FOMM for the Mastering, I will try F03Edit to see if it makes any difference.

Thank you for your input.

Agnot2006

I only used FOMM for the Mastering, I will try F03Edit to see if it makes any difference.

Thank you for your input.

Agnot2006

Absolutely fantastic I converted 4 ESP’s to ESM’s using F03Edit and all the problems have gone away, no blocked doors no barred entries. It’s not as intuitive to use as FOMM and you do have to backup your ESP elsewhere because it overwrites, but it’s obviously superior in what it does. This is now my choice way to create ESM’s in future.

Thank You BadPenney