Two Different Mod Requests, Waterfalls and Portraits

wismas

For me I can usually find a mod that addresses a need I perceive in the game but there are two that I have not been able to track down, if they even exist.

The first is related to water and waterfalls. It has always bothered me that when my character goes over a waterfall that they do so while standing. It is one of the most immersive breaking visuals in the game to me. I was wondering if it were possible to have the character ragdoll over the falls or even start to ragdoll as they get close to the falls edge before going over. Aside from that maybe an custom animation would be better. It would also be helpful if the current were stronger near the falls so the chance to escape would be minimized. Maybe swimming in currents uses stamina and as that decreases your ability to swim is reduced.

The other non-related thought is for the home. It would be fun to have an NPC you could hire who is an artist that paints portraits for a hefty sum. Take the NPC artist to your favorite location in Skyrim, pose your character and using a screenshot have the artist create a painting/portrait of your character for your home. I'm thinking a Hearthfire home or maybe make this an addition to a current home mod.

Let me know what you think, if these are even possible. Thanks to anyone who reads and contributes to these ideas.

I’m no modder, so I cannot help at all.. But I really dig that second suggestion. Sounds like a great idea, and I hope someone capable picks it up.

Ha.. I’ve never went over a waterfall, but a custom animation for that would be interesting. Maybe a diving animation if you jump over at the last second? And having your arms flail wildly if you just go over normally.. Or a zoomed in look at your character's face with an "Oh SH*T" expression would be hilarious.

Good luck with this.

Going over any waterfall is pretty lame. It looks more like an escalator ride than anything else. I sometimes use the waterways and falls for quick escapes when I'm being beaten badly and there is one nearby. Thought it may be kinda challenging to have you lose some of your loot as you go over, maybe some gear like gauntlets, boots, etc.

The portrait thing just sounds neat to me. There are so many great images posted up on the forum of player's characters I thought it would be neat to have one of your character over the fireplace in one of the homes.

I'm not a modder either, hope somebody finds these ideas interesting enough to try.