new computer and something forgoten...

I'm having trouble getting obmm to work on my new computer, Mainly getting the patch so it works. :verymad:

Beforehand: I do (somehow) have them working on my old computer quite well.

My problem is I have have the SI expansion pack (acctualy i have that and Kotn but its not really causeing the problem.) and i'm tring to install the 1.2.0.416. patch (required for Obmm) without reinstaling oblivion... Again (would be the 4th time today). I rember I had this problem with my old computer but I cant rember how I fixed it, and I know that this method atleast doesnt work for me: reinstall oblivion, update, install SI, replace mods. Because the patch that comes with SI overwrighted my 1.2.0.416 patch . Now I've tried everything I can think of, please help and thanks in advance.

Also, question. Should this be here or in the mod troubleshooting section? Obmm is a utility and The 1.2.0.416. Patch is well a patch. ( :blink: .)

Current status: (the wall is my monitor.) :wallbash:

For some reason, Beth fixed it so if you have SI you CAN NOT use the Oblivion patch! If you do, it messes up when you try to install the SI patch. If you have SI, ONLY use the SI patch. And to confuse us more, both patches have the same revision number. KOTN does not matter as it can be treated as a mod and installed at any time.

So, install Oblivion. Before adding any mods, Si or patches -Start the game and make a save don't worry about your character, screen resolution or any thing else as you will change all of that later anyway. This sets up the Oblivion.ini and save game folders. Now, right afrer that save, exit the game. Now install SI. Again start the game - you can use the save you already made to start. Now make another save and exit. Now you can apply the SI patch, again start the game and make a save.

This would be a good time to back up, as you now have a bare vanilla working game with Oblivion and SI patched to the latest version.

Now you can change the ini, adjust the screen resolution, make a decent character, copy over the data from your old computer, load up OBMM, OBSE and any mods. Note you cannot just copy over programs as they need to be installed to work - OBMM, OBSE, Wrye Bash are all programs and not mods. Mods are data and can be copied. Do not copy the old Oblivion.ini as it is dependent on the hardware, which will be different on your new computer. A new one will be generated the first time you start the game and you will have to make any changes manually.