What level of difficulty do you play on?

overload1977

What level of difficulty  

143 members have voted

1. 1. do you play on?

• Easy
    • Normal
    • Hard
    • Nightmare

My first 2 playthroughs, i had it on "normal".

Now in my 3. i know my tactics well, i know how to raise level pretty fast.

I now run it in "Nightmare". It´s tough. But more the funny.

One does not just sit idle by.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on my third game. The first one I played on Hard to level 15 or so, and decided I had made some bad choices and started over on Nightmare. I finished that game, and found it fairly challenging, but a bit too easy due to some exploiting of the engine. So now I'm being a masochist and trying the Cleric class mod with Nightmare Plus mod. Already found the healing bit very difficult as heal has a long cooldown in Nightmare Plus.

I guess I just love challenges. :) Can't recommend it to everyone though, as it's sometimes quite a lot of :wallbash:

• 2 weeks later...

First game was a mage on Hard. Didn't realize that "Frost Grasp" and "Cone of Cold" does damage as well as slowing / freezing the enemy, and so I neglected that line entirely until it was too late.

Decided after that to roll a rogue on nightmare, thinking I would go both archer and dual wield -- unfortunately I diversified too early, leaving me with only the entry level skills and soloing in the fade in the Circle Tower (didn't have enough health potions to survive to get beyond mouse-form).

Finally I decided I would do mage again now that I had an idea of what to do, except this time on nightmare. For whatever reason I settled on going 3-mages + rogue only and to see how it fared. It's an understatement to say they dominate, though it makes for an interesting playstyle (currently only my main has Cone of Cold, though as useful as it is I'm considering investing in it for all 3). Biggest problem they face is anything with AOE-disable (scattershot, fireball, etc).

Might give Nightmare+ a shot. Considering a playthrough without any mages which I imagine will be hard enough as it is, so I may save NM+ for later.

I play on Nightmare all the time now. My first play through was on easy though, as with these RPGs I am far more interested in seeing how the story unfolds. In addition, I was just getting my bearings. For example I had no idea how the money system worked, and I assumed that the brown, silver and gold coins were different forms of currency, as opposed to 100 copper= 1 silver and 100 silver = 1 sovereign. I thought that that herbs like elfroot and deathroot were some sort of spell casting reagents I should horde for when I get a mage in my party, it was not until Lothering when I discovered their use.

Nightmare, although first playthrough was on hard. Only allowed Wynne to be use heals and hexes as the consensus is mages make the game very easy. Going through on Nightmare now as dual-wield rogue. (Respeccing Leliana to full bow showed me how un-impressive bow is.) Using shale and Morrigan although i'm considering taking Wynne along again and just off-setting her mass disapproval with gifts.

• 4 weeks later...