Can't even start!

Jack0Knife

Whenever I try to run the Oblivion Launcher or even launch it with OMOD it gives me the error message "Oblivion Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." At the end of all that BS, it asks me if I want to send an error report or not to...ThIS DOES NOTHING! Please help me here. I don't want to break my computer apart because of some simple problem. I was thinking about the version of Oblivion because I recently reinstalled my GOTYE and installed all the mods that I wanted, installed OBOM for some of the mods, and tried to run Oblivion and this is what I got... :wallbash:

I looked at the readme file for Oblivion and their tech support website and it said that if you repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled Oblivion then some computers will display an error message. "To correct this, you will need to reinstall Oblivion. However, if you repeatedly uninstall and re-install Oblivion, certain systems will display an error message if you try to uninstall Oblivion again. To fix this, put your Oblivion disk in and run setup.exe. This will clear up the error and you can uninstall and reinstall the game." I did this, but it still doesn't work. PLEASE HELP! :wallbash: :confused:

Many times if Oblivion os not uninstalled properly, It has problems being reinstalled.

Then if certain things are not done in the proper order on the reinstall it can cause problems.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

Do not skip the part on cleaning the registry as that is usually where install problems originate.

I still get this error. I sent a message to Bethesda and they told me to update my sound drivers and disable my MusAudio device. I disabled that but how do I update? I uninstalled Oblivion, restarted PC, deleted my C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks folder, used that CCleaner thing to delete my registries, and now I reinstalled and waited for the installer to finish. I did not force it to exit and even still it gives me an error!...Any OTHER suggestions? :confused: If anyone wants me to post my DxDiag I will..