New and eager

suratek

I just finished Dragon Age this weekend and I'm kind of disappointed at how short the game could be, so I picked up the toolset but have no clue where to start. I looked up some stuff on youtube but it didnt really explain how to start a new project. Every time I load up the toolset it has the stuff I was working on ( and messed up...I deleted the global folder ) when I closed it.

I looked up the dragon age community site but whenever I'm asked to login it gives me a choice of my other accounts from bioware or EA but never actually lets me login with it, got me extremely frustrated lol.

SO anyone know a good place with good tutorials that cover basics to advanced?

I wanted to try to make an NPC that would buy and sell items for free, I believe that is a more efficient version of a storage system than the one bioware decided on.

I just finished Dragon Age this weekend and I'm kind of disappointed at how short the game could be, so I picked up the toolset but have no clue where to start. I looked up some stuff on youtube but it didnt really explain how to start a new project. Every time I load up the toolset it has the stuff I was working on ( and messed up...I deleted the global folder ) when I closed it.

I looked up the dragon age community site but whenever I'm asked to login it gives me a choice of my other accounts from bioware or EA but never actually lets me login with it, got me extremely frustrated lol.

SO anyone know a good place with good tutorials that cover basics to advanced?

I wanted to try to make an NPC that would buy and sell items for free, I believe that is a more efficient version of a storage system than the one bioware decided on.

Well i am myself no modder but i can direct you to some helpfull places neverthless =)

Dragon age Builder Wiki check the Getting started and tutorials section first

and Beyond Ferelden an extremly well written and helpful blog with lots of guides

thats atleast the places where i would start, good luck :thumbsup:

Lol the Dragon Age Builder Wiki requires me to login to my BioWare Social Network account...I just tried to login with my current email address and of course it's not letting me. So I try to register for a new account and it says my email is already taken...man I hate that site.

Ehhh... crappy EA... honestly.... I also had some trouble till i had my registration and account info right on that bioware site, it must be interlinked with the builder wiki then.

Wish i could help you with that, but i dont remember what i did to make it work, it just linked me over one ea site to the next, filling out stuff here and there till it in the end was finally working.

A very upsetting experience i agree.

Hope you can sort it out.

No worries. Beyond Fereldan is extremely helpful, maybe when that social site is out of beta things will be fixed. Currently getting on that site is not too urgent, I'll probably look into the problem more thoroughly when I really need something from that site.