Guess you can't add sound?

ChazZeromus

Ok, now in GECK, go and try to change the sound files. After double clicking or clicking edit for a sound file in the Object window, click Add sound to an already existing sound, the button will change to the text "Add sound file", if you click it again nothing will happen. Anyone else having this problema?

When it gives you the option to select a new sound file you have to point to one that is not in the default sound BSA file, because you can not select those. If you have placed another sound file already in the appropriate data/sound subdirectory then you can select it to play. If you do not have a sound file available to select and cancel the operation then you have no new file and you have canceled the existing sound file selection so you have no sound.

Best to exit your mod without saving at that point, imo.

Oh I forgot to update this post, I already figured it out but forgot to reply here. But you're right too, the sound folder has to exist, and in order to select one there has to be a sound file. Also, do you know what the requirement for bitrate and other specifications for mp3 files in order to play them in fallout?

...do you know what the requirement for bitrate and other specifications for mp3 files in order to play them in fallout?

Requirements are based on what sort of sound work that you are doing, I suppose. I've primarily used .ogg and .wav files for Fallout 3. Don't believe that I have used mp3 since Oblivion except for videos.

This thread might lead you to information you are looking for:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showto...87&hl=sound

• 2 weeks later...
...do you know what the requirement for bitrate and other specifications for mp3 files in order to play them in fallout?

Requirements are based on what sort of sound work that you are doing, I suppose. I've primarily used .ogg and .wav files for Fallout 3. Don't believe that I have used mp3 since Oblivion except for videos.

This thread might lead you to information you are looking for:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showto...87&hl=sound

. This will show you.