evony

Pronam

Everyone has undoubtedly seen or heard about this game if they visited a webpage in the last couple of months to a year.

Its advertises are recognizable to a point to that everyone has spoke about them at least once: the game Evony.

After thinking of never playing its games because of the nature of the adds, I still have quite recently played the game as a friend asked me to... but what I saw on the web today just dropped my mouth.

I'm not sure if this will turn into a debate or where this would actually fit, if so someone report it asap as I'm going to sleep now.

After this I wonder though, who's really scamming? This video is very well done, so who says this isn't some else trying to bring them down? Although I'm not convinced of it being a truth, I thought it to be fair to share.

Something more related to this forum is a link provided at that page and fun to see if you've played the game or saw the adds:

Evony... Worst browser based game evar? Pretty close!

I decided to try it a while back, an it was full of forty year old men asking for girls phone number, more advertisers and general bad language. It's also incredibly confusing to play.

Then I heard about all this bad stuff and never touched it again (I only played it for five minutes anyway...)

Brother plays it, or did play it, not sure. Never paid a dime, and was apparently stomping almost everyone on his server. Suggested that he stop playing due to all the potentially bad associations the game has, but it's his computer, his decisions (I'm just the schmuck who's got to fix it when all hell breaks loose). At any rate, he'll probably get bored of it as soon as he's had his fun beating the piss out of those he sees fit, and will just pick up another game that is just as bad. For him, it's a way to let off some steam, so I can't think of any better venue.

I wouldn't play it myself, with or without controversy (don't play WoW, so not like I care about those connections (if you're gullible enough to get scammed by an illegal service, you kinda deserve it)). There are better freegames to waste my life on.

In my past experience browser games usually dump trojans, spybots and such into your computer. Bad news if you ask me. I figure if you want a F2P go to Aeria or G-Potato. Aeria has a fairly decent amount of good games that are addictive. I played Wolf Team and SMT: Imagine for a few months before getting bored.

Its just like all the other browser games that being seen everywhere on the internet. Theyre all scams and virus traps if you ask me. Ill never play them, Ill never downlaod then, never ever ever will I do such a thing.

Hell I dont even like the adds being on webpages. They make me nervous, my computer has been attacked my corrupted adds on websites before, few times even here the TES Nexus side of the side. All three times it happened I had to reformate my hard drive and lose everything.

You know now that I think about it, I never really saw too many of those stupid broswer game ads until WoW really exploded onto the scene.

I guess everyone seen how much money Blizzard is raking in and deceided to jump on the band wagon.