Novice Mod user needs help w/ body replacers & wrye bash

DrxVL

Hi. I've been playing Oblivion w/ mods and managing them for quite some time now, but I've finally decided to get into body replacers, hair, eyes, etc. I've read rather extensively the tutorials on how do to this properly and how to use Wrye Bash, etc, but I'm still having issues.

I've attached 2 screens of my Wrye Bash setup hoping they'll help (although not all the mods show up there like they do in OBMM). Basically what I want to use is:

HGEC and HGEC specific armor. (I could care less for the adult aspect of it, although it's mildly entertaining :P)

Beautiful People

Capucine's Character Expansion

A couple remakes of the mystic elves from BP.

that's it for now because I'm just starting, but I plan to add several armors and hair/eyes in the future but need to get the kinks worked out.

As it stands now I'm getting googly eyes all over the place, and the alternative Mystic Elves by NEC have no eyes at all. I figure I'm not understanding how to used the Bashed Patch properly. Hopefully someone can help me out and school me on how un-n00bify myself w/ regards to cosmetic modding.

TYVM in advance!

Most eye problems are related to having too many 'beauty' type mods installed. Each one wants to control how the eyes look and you get something strange. black eyes, no eyes, googly eyes, strange color etc. Look for mods such as 'beautiful people' and any custom race mod. disable all of them and see if you get the vanilla eyes back. Then reinstall the mods one at a time until you find the one that is causing the problem.

Beautiful People was one of the early mods that changed eyes, and many of the later mods used a different technique causing a conflict resulting in strange eyes. Some race mods change the eyes while others do not.

I love Wrye Bash more than most, but I do not recommend using it for races.

As you have found, it's just not optimal.

I think you're going to have to find the custom race you really want and install the recommended mods from it's readme.

The body and armor/clothes (HGEC) you choose will have no impact on the hair and eyes (and ears), so don't worry about that part.

One more thing, I notice you have your beauty mods way up in the top of your load list.

You need to make your ONE CHOSEN beauty mod (even if it's beautiful people) Load LAST. Put your mystic elves right before it, next to last. If you have a mod that demands being last, than put Beautiful next to last and Mystic elves right before it.

Your beauty mod needs to be one of the last ones to load, and the last one wins! Now if BP has no "mystic elves" entry, then your mystic elves entry loading right before it will be fine. The conflict is when both mods touch the same thing, the last touch wins.

Edited by myrmaad

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess if I want to have multiple custom races it'll have to be through multiple profiles in Wrye Bash, which is actually more preferable now that I th ink about it.

So from what you're saying I'm not going to be able to get multiple hair/eye mods to function simultaneously? I remember reading somewhere that I could fuse them all w/ wrye bash, which as you can tell is what I was trying to do. If one is all I get is there anything you can recommend that gives a goodly number of additional hair/eyes? The eyes that come w/ BP (I think it's mostly all from rens beauty pack) are ncie, but most of the hairs all look the same.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess if I want to have multiple custom races it'll have to be through multiple profiles in Wrye Bash, which is actually more preferable now that I th ink about it.

So from what you're saying I'm not going to be able to get multiple hair/eye mods to function simultaneously? I remember reading somewhere that I could fuse them all w/ wrye bash, which as you can tell is what I was trying to do. If one is all I get is there anything you can recommend that gives a goodly number of additional hair/eyes? The eyes that come w/ BP (I think it's mostly all from rens beauty pack) are ncie, but most of the hairs all look the same.

The one I usually recommend is Savage Artistry's Modified Hair and Eyes , she hosts it on her own forum though.