Fallout 3 pacing

Paulky45

Hey

Just finished Fallout 3 vanilla the other day and enjoyed it immensely. Main problem I found was the pacing of it, I just seemed to level up to 20 very fast (I did some side missions and the main quest and finished it having just gotten to level 20 on medium difficulty).

Are there any good mods to help this? Maybe see more of the game and have a bit more satisfying experience.

Essentially I want to see more of the game but still find it difficult, not just get to level 15 in a day and blow everything up in my power armour. I'll add a few other mods like weapons and armour but I'm not looking for a total conversion (ie, millions of new quests, locations) or anything.

I just found a mod called xfo which has loads of options that sound like what I want, but not sure how far I should go with them (low vs high pace, etc).

Anyone tried this and what works best for you?

Thanks in advance,...

...Are there any good mods to help this? Maybe see more of the game and have a bit more satisfying experience.

There are quite a number of mods that you might like adding to your game. It sounds as if you played Fallout 3 unmodded and without downloadable content (DLC). If that is the case, then downloading Broken Steel will raise the character level ceiling to 30, extend gameplay past the end of the Main Quest and introduce higher level opponents. Many mods aim at level 30 player characters and content from Broken Steel and the other DLCs also, so downloading and playing the DLCs extends the vanilla game and gives you more choices from the selection of good mods.