ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Jumping Ship

HOlyCrapOfGod

Okay, here is the topic, and please people, this one kinda matters,

with the new Elderscrolls on the horizon. what will happen? I mean the jump from morrowind was epic, but the modding never really got as heated for morrowind as it did for oblivion.

I hate to bring this up but what will become of midas magic? The single best mod out their, (Begone none believers, Deadly reflex is good, yes, but midas magic is simpler, funner, and just contributes more!!!) and after Xilver put years of work, I'm sure he won't want to start from scratch to make the New Elderscrolls super epic.

What shall we do about this upcoming cotastrophy in waiting? Can you imagine an eternity without a new midas magic or a new sixth element, or a new, um, cool version of some sweet mod?

Perhaps I'm just being dramatic, but is anyone else worried.

However, on the conterary, I am looking to start the adventure anew, new missions, new places, and god hopes better graphics,

please, just post your thoughts, maybe we as a society of modders can get a hold of this cleaned plate.

Ps. Will the tes set still work with elderscrolls V? Otherwise I'll have to go back to the old fashioned way, WHICH SUCKS!!!!

Hate to mention this, but there's no 'i' in 'crusade'.

As for what happens when (if) the new game comes out, I expect it will be like what happened to NWN when NWN 2 came out. There's no point bemoaning the fact that people are interested in new games - if people weren't interested in new games then the whole game industry would have died long ago and we wouldn't have TES IV Oblivion to play in the first place.

Whatever will be will be.

I believe this discussion also happened when FO3 was announced. Oblivion mods are still being made, and epic FO3 mods are being made. Furthermore, with Oblivion, Morrowind has remained rather active, and has even generated newer interest with some of the mods aimed at improving the visual appearance in Morrowind (borrowing engine advances used in Oblivion).

As with any highly modded game, interest will still probably continue as long as there are communities which cater to it or the game still remains playable on modern systems.

There's also nothing to say that TES V will even be moddable. For all we know, in the years between now and then, some evil group of marketing experts might convince Bethsoft to ignore the communities that have made their games as enduring as they've been, and just go for the quickest money (it's what EA did, does, and will continue to do).

There has always been talk of TES games being moved to an online venue, and with the current state of game security and highspeed connections, it isn't too unthinkable to consider the chance that some game in the future will actively scan all game files for alterations before allowing a user to play the game single player, and even keeping key, randomized portions of necessary data on that server to prevent unauthorized use *thunder crash*. Or they'll just do that whole "play the game on another computer in a secure location which reads control information from your computer" horror story.

Edited by Vagrant0

Yikes!

Don't give them any ideas!!!

A lot of us are boycotting EA, and with any luck, Bethsoft knows exactly why and will consider the virtues of NOT doing things the EA way.

I honestly think that TES V will be very much like it's predecessors, since that's what has worked very well for them so far, and I also suspect that it will be just as moddable, even though I figure it will need a whole new CS, which I also figure we'll have to wait for for a few months after the game's release.

I have noticed that a lot of the features of very popular mods of one game tend to wind up in the next Bethsoft game as standard equipment. Methinks that they do take notice of these mods and then smack their foreheads wondering why they didn't think of them. This has allowed them to create better & better games, and I don't think they'd want to shut down their best source of free research & development. They'd have to be crazy to make a non-moddable game.

Naturally, there are only so many modders available, and so when everyone starts to mod TES V, they'll have to cut back on Oblivion modding. Oblivion will still get modded, though, just as Morrowind still gets modded, and probably much more so since Oblivion is still on the shelves and attracting new players.

In other words.. don't panic! We might have to suffer through Vanilla TES V for a while, but that'll change.

Its kind of simple keep playing oblivion and don't bother with TES 5 its not hard :S for all we know they might just bring the Elder Scrolls 5 out as an expansion like shivering isles that was pretty much not far off a new ES.

Love the new book by Greg the infernal city (will TES 5 be based on this novel?)

People, please, I am not necessarly saying that tes V is going to be a bad thing, I am just asking the people of the modding community are planning to release the imminant release!!!

And I'm just kind of inquiring the pros and cons of the new release

Pros: Cons:

Better Vanilla / Starting Over

New Expieriences / Removal of mods

Better Graphics / Non-finished projects abandoned (PCM mod will be gone!!!)

Possible inspirations / Paranoia (I am so PARANOID!!!!!)

(Could bethesda

put some of our mod

ideas in the new tes?)

Possible Fallout 3 gore / EAness (Thanks Alot for putting that in my head!!!)

4>3 coud 5>4? / What if 5 sucks? than we'll have to wait until 6!!!!!

And don't take this to personally, I did the same thing with morrowind!!!!!

...I honestly don't get the concern here.

A new ES game* might show up, meaning we get to play more ES, and we'll eventually make awesome mods for that one as well.

This is a good thing, no?

*Hopefully made with some of the stuff Bethesda learned from FO3 in mind. Is it just me, or was FO3 in some ways actually a better fantasy game then Oblivion?

It's not the fact of the new game that concerns me, or us, or whoever, it's the possibility of mod abandonment!!!! modding is the best thing that ever happened to oblivion!! I mean, Midas Magic<Shivering isles!!! (In my oppinion)

And it's not soely concern, some of it is excitment, anticipation. In truth, to a large community of people who have spent countless hours of editing game, working on a game, until it suits every personal need, a new release is a big deal.

I think most of us have gone atleast a little mad with inticipation. But for any true elder scrolls follower, this new one is a big deal

AND IT'S SO CLOSE!!!!! THEY SAY 2010!!!!!!!!

2010!

2010!

2010!

2010!

2100!

2010!