A Few Issues

m3rr

Ok. You better start all over. Keep your corrupt savegame in a save place. Then run the "clear temp files". You can do that from the start up console with the "Configure" button.

Then delete the folder with your characters name. Should be in: C:\Docs & Settings\MyName\Documents\Bioware\DragonAge\Characters

Maybe even do a reinstall, and remember a reinstall does´nt clean up. It´s important that you clean up all temp files/savings and if you had the updater installed reinstall that also, that holds temp files too.

Alright

So I've uninstalled

Save files deleted

All files Deleted

Through the uninstaller

So When it starts up again I'll use the launcher and tell it to clear temp files

It's in the progress of installing now as we speak

So let's try this again eh

I sincerely hope this works

I'd like to get back to playing

edit

I've taken a look into configure all I have the option to clear anywhere is Download Cache

at least that I can find

By the Console you mean the Splash screen that starts up when you pop in the CD

right?

I hope too. Yes i meen that screen.

Alright

so it still wont let me load

I've "Cleared Download Cache"

There is no "Clear Temporary Files" or anything of the like I can find

Only "Clear Download Cache" I click that and nothing happens

Trying again

... reinstall

I am using Win XP. It is true you need Net Framework 2.0. I am not familiar with Win7. Try to update your windows.

Go for a user defined update.

I'm trying the windows update now

When I try to install however (not counting this attempt that I am going to make after update)

it says

Setup has discovered that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software

These requirements must be met before you can install Microsoft Framework 2.0 SP2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requirements and Software Prerequisites

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Update Information

You Must install this service pack to complete the installation

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 requires that the service pack be installed

prior to the installation

Now I really don´t know what to do. But one thing is strange; you have had DragonAge running before the mods without problems? And you installed it without having any notifications about Net Framework? I think your problem is more an issue with Win7, than with DA.

Now I really don´t know what to do. But one thing is strange; you have had DragonAge running before the mods without problems? And you installed it without having any notifications about Net Framework? I think your problem is more an issue with Win7, than with DA.

I agree with Balagor on this issue, its strange that it worked the first time and not now, you should be able to upgrade your .NET Framework from MS Windows update, if you cant update it there then you maybe have the latest version installed (and you should have it with win7 i guess) the latest version is 3.5 servicepack 1, check your installed software it should list it.

You can download the .NET Framework also from the microsoft website, just search their knowledgebase.

maybe the .NET Framework was somehow damaged... you see me relative clueless here sorry

consider contacting the official support.

EDIT: .NET Framework 3.5 normally also includes the 1.1, the 2.0 SP2 and the 3.0 SP2 Framework, those are also needed, maybe they are damaged or something, they are also listed under software and should be installed, atleast on WinXP

I agree with Balagor on this issue, its strange that it worked the first time and not now, you should be able to upgrade your .NET Framework from MS Windows update, if you cant update it there then you maybe have the latest version installed (and you should have it with win7 i guess) the latest version is 3.5 servicepack 1, check your installed software it should list it.

You can download the .NET Framework also from the microsoft website, just search their knowledgebase.

maybe the .NET Framework was somehow damaged... you see me relative clueless here sorry

consider contacting the official support.

EDIT: .NET Framework 3.5 normally also includes the 1.1, the 2.0 SP2 and the 3.0 SP2 Framework, those are also needed, maybe they are damaged or something, they are also listed under software and should be installed, atleast on WinXP

Wonderful NEWS!

At least.. I hope it stays that way

I just finished a reinstall

and a reinstall of Java (which NEEDS .net framework)

Apparently

I (some how I have no idea how) Disabled half of the .Net framework in the system settings.

So I finished the System Update (as advised thank you) and re-enabled the rest of the .net

In any event , I'm not sure how but it looks to be all fixed.

I'll let you know how the modding goes

See if that caused the issues

if so

I'm creating a Restore point

Much Thanks to all!

Again Nexus proves it's vast superiority

.... alright

Fanboy moment over

What about your last savegame. Does it work?

Ok

So I just went through my grief trying to get all that working

Now I have to work my way to the Map

From the start

The Saved Game?

I haven't tried it yet

I'll let you know

However some of the Mods , I wont be able to tell if they work till the future in the game

Some of the skins are working

The Texture redux I was playing with

Ok

so I'll keep you guys up to date

Thanks again for the Help eh

Much appreciated

edit

Also

I didn't update to 1.01b this time around