Mods

monkybuttface

Why is it that when i look through the files so many revolve around sexual or gorey content? It baffles me that their are 20 or so diffrent body mods for females (exageration) and all kinds of better blood effects, i am all for nudity and sexual content in games but why are their so many mods that do exactly the same thing or add sex to parts that their is really no reason for it to be there? :confused:

Moved to debates. Since you have not identified a specific game this involves. This is the place for it.

It does not have anything to do with the site, so this seems an appropriate place to put it.

Buddah

I guess theres so many different mods because people are just trying to make their own work and get it out there and recognized. Peoples tastes vary from things all over the drawing board so naturally theres going to be tons and tons of mods that do the same thing, sme are going to look better than others of course because that depends on the skill of the modder.

Lol look at Fallout 3, theres like 20 m16 mods that all look almost identical. Reason being is that each modder wanted to contribute something and get thier work put out there. Same as any artist lol.

What particular game are you talking about? if any I mean.

Depends entirely on which society we're talking about. Even still, probably no more revealing or valid than making connections between the range of TV shows on at prime time across the world, or even looking at what is shown on every news channel. At best, you would only get a small fragment of what a greater whole actually has any interest in.

Those mods are popular because they answer to a very basic desire in an extremely direct way. They are also popular because the majority of mod users are males between the ages of 12 and 132 who might have an interest in those things. There are certainly many other kinds of mods out there, they just don't get nearly as much attention, and don't appeal to nearly as many users.

my thoughts focus more on fallout 3 and Oblivion, lots of blood and gore mods, sex mods, and you cant find a clothing mod for a female char that is not designed with an insane amount of cleavege and a G-string, to the point that they look like they should be in a strip club, i am a straight male and fifteen years old and i still find this more than a little immature

i still find this more than a little immature

And I find that statement to be a little immature. Ain't it great how personal opinion works. If it's not what you're interested in, there's nothing wrong with that, but you shouldn't be so quick to pass judgment on users or creators of such mods simply because you "think" you understand their motivations. Maturity, or even the lack thereof has very little to do with exposed nudity.

I don't exactly find such mods immature per se, but they're certainly not something I'd download. Having to deal with seeing a naked person every time I want to loot the armor off of a bandit just so I can sell it or use it myself is not a thing I'd find too appealing. However, it's just up to one's taste, and it isn't exactly my sort of taste. Leave them to their tastes, and stick to yours. It's what makes all of us unique.

As stated ealier theres some mods I dont care to download, going beyond simple females clothing mods or nude body replacers, Im talking about mods in general.

If I dont like it I just move on, I dont go and bash the modder for his work or the people who are interested in it, just not something I do ya know. One persons taste is anothers displeasure and vise versa.

I see tons of weapon mods just dont catch my attention, re-skins I dont like, interfaces I dont like, etc etc. Everyone has thier own taste.

Also just because someone makes a mod doesnt mean that they should be judged on its content, unless they specify otherwise lol. Lots of people do mods because someone whom lacks the skill requests it.

I guess all you can really say is dont judge a book by its cover. Ever lol.