should I install quest and game play mods for my first playthrough?

elfena

still, it was worth it to finally get the mods to work. i tried vanilla and its just too painful to play imo. the worst is trying to sell stuff and all the menu confirmations and redickulus click thrus. i could really play with only one or two mods to fix the menu etc structures but without those the game is close to unplayable for me

Make a back up of your game directory, i ran into so many problems when i started modding my 2nd playthrough

after what i went thru id recommend prepping your pc for an os reinstall if you decide to get into modding

my modding problems broke my pc setup so bad i couldnt get the game to do anything but crash regardless of using backups of data directories, complete reinstalls of all software, setting multiple restore points that didnt fix the problem, and hour after hour after hour of reading

im surprised im the only one ive seen so far that had such a severe problem but it really did happen that way for me. freakin nightmare scenario fo shore

I don't think Modding Oblivion had to do with having to reinstall OS.

Make a back up of your game directory, i ran into so many problems when i started modding my 2nd playthrough

after what i went thru id recommend prepping your pc for an os reinstall if you decide to get into modding

my modding problems broke my pc setup so bad i couldnt get the game to do anything but crash regardless of using backups of data directories, complete reinstalls of all software, setting multiple restore points that didnt fix the problem, and hour after hour after hour of reading

im surprised im the only one ive seen so far that had such a severe problem but it really did happen that way for me. freakin nightmare scenario fo shore

I don't think Modding Oblivion had to do with having to reinstall OS.

Me either. I made some pretty bad goofs when first learning to install mods and the worst that was ever required was un-install/re-install Oblivion itself.

Edited by mhahn123

I also wouldnt say that modding a game will break your OS. I would say that something else and unfortunaly happend

• 1 month later...

should you rebalance the gameplay for your first playthrough? absolutely! i wish i knew about ooo (specially) beforehand. after fcom.. boy i could never bring myself to playing vanilla again