Oblivion Specs

CHEFIL

No - while your CPU should be sufficient and your RAM meets the minimal requirements, the GPU you have specified (which is not part of a separate video card, but an integral of the mainboard, and will therefore also use so-called 'shared memory' which means it uses your normal RAM to dump its data) is far away from being able to cope with modern 3D-engines.

For more details, I would suggest having a look a the system requirements listed in the official Oblivion FAQ where you will also find a full list of supported GPU chipsets.

You may have an AGP slot for a component video card. Many computers with integrated graphics (like yours) can also accept a video card.

Check your manual, look up your system's specs. on the internet, or give more information about the make and model of computer. If you have an AGP slot, an upgrade to run Oblivion may be pretty easy.

Intel graphics will be your downfall. Does your motherbaord have an AGP or PCIe slot on it? IS it a dell system.

I have this system:

P4 3.0 GHz W/ HT

2 GB PC3200 Ram in Duel Channel.

SB Live 24-Bit 5.1 Sound card.

256 MB ATI x600

My PC is fine up to my graphics card, how do you think my x600 will handle the game? I have a feeling that i will be able to run everything on high, but no AA. Does anyone have any input?

Intel graphics will be your downfall. Does your motherbaord have an AGP or PCIe slot on it? IS it a dell system.

I have this system:

P4 3.0 GHz W/ HT

2 GB PC3200 Ram in Duel Channel.

SB Live 24-Bit 5.1 Sound card.

256 MB ATI x600

My PC is fine up to my graphics card, how do you think my x600 will handle the game? I have a feeling that i will be able to run everything on high, but no AA. Does anyone have any input?

The X600 is pretty much the same chip as the 9700 pro. The 256MB is wasted as its only a 128-bit card. From the list of supported hardware X600 should definetely run the game fine, but i doubt it will run it higher then medium/low settings and definetely no AA. I am quiet sceptical of the game running smoothly on High settings with AA+AF on my 7800GTX. Anyhow, I am sure we'll know soon enough.

I wonder if there will be a built-in benchmark in Oblivion!! otherwise I suppose Fraps will have to do.

@ Chefil

Sorry mate, the integrated graphics is not going to cut it. I have some office PCs with integrated Intel Extreme Graphics and we sometimes have a LAN session of Medal of Honour - Spearhead at the office (its a lawfirm - but what the hell). MOHAA is an old game, based on Quake 3 engine. The integrated graphics chips can hardly run that game on medium/low settings at 800x600 resolution. I believe even the latest integrated solutions such as the 6150/6200 with Hyper Cache etc. coming up soon will barely run Oblivion or any other latest shader heavy game on low settings and low resolution.

Unfortunately PCI graphics cards are no good, and without AGP or PCI-Ex slots, you'll have to do a major upgrade to run Oblivion on acceptable settings.

@ The Community.

This is my first post, so hello to everyone and hope to be around for a long time to come. Thanks for having me on this Forum.

Best regards.

Edit: Check out this great link to know how your PC will perform in Oblivion. A very useful Guide

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=264257

Archived