multiple body types in F3

Antioche

I am running into a hang-up. I am fairly certain that I can force specific characters in-game to run their own body-styles and the like. ( Some with cali, some with Alice, some with berry, etc )

This requires a change in direction to the nif and the texture. ( Fairly certain this CAN be done, using the "Bittercup companion" goth version with different textures and the like as a 'proof of concept' to do this )

I'm allright with Geck, but while it is easy to change face/hair ( three tabs for face alteration on each character in geck ) I cannot find the directs for the texture files for bodies. and am wondering now if I'd have to make each person as a new race if I wanted a different nif running.

The ability to redirect at least the texture calls from f3 exists, as it's done for her "handgoth" textures and such, is it not in geck? Where are these redirects hidden?

( I am using the stripclub, so I have a group of girls to alter without messing with the world. I wanted to give a different body-type ( Nif too actually ) to each one of the dancers in Moriarties. )

Thanks in advance !!

Shiny, that IS the basis of it, thanks guys !!

This will of course work on every person of that race you modify, if you mod the base races, but at least it gives a little variation in-game. ( all the female races have raider counterparts as well, so they could theoretically be altered also.)

So I would have to make each of the specific girls in the club their own race, then I could make that race look like anything...

Also, is there any easy way to convert an existing NPC to their own "race" ? or would it be easier to make a race, set what it looks like(nifs textures), then set that npc to BE that race?

( my idea at this point is to create four custom races, calling them (osstensibly enough) Acup, Bcup, Ccup, and Dcup, then I would create an esp that overrides the race settings on a group of women, say the NPC's in Bigtown? changing each of the females there to one of my custom races...

Feasable? If so, is there an easy way to use another race as a "template" for this job?

I think I need four templates, of EACH race? ( an acup asian, Bcup asian, etc etc ) Yes? ( or they'll all look the same race, which is....like, pretty much what I'm getting rid of to begin with ! )

Once complete, I plan on releasing ( with the different body-style authors' permission of course ) the (sixteen) custom races in a dev pack, a simple one that adds the races, not that changes any in-game people to them.

...In effect, people could then alter that .esp changing ANY girl they wanted, to any bodystyle. ( if she's in a mod, they'd have to make the mod a master for my esp file, but if you're into this you'll know why and how )

This could get crazy...as I have opted for the "hardwood floors" approach to my textures, there are technically, with type3 bodies alone, three other choices? ( each would require another race, AsianAcupshaved, AsianAcuplandingstrip, AsianAcupbush, AsianAcuptrim, and so on and so forth...That's seventy four posibilities per race... That's allot of unique races.

Appreciate the heads up guys, as always, the Nexus crowd rocks.

I've got some time on my hands these lately, would love to get this done and 'released' for those who have a hard time choosing a single look for their women ingame.

~J

one problem though

once the npc is equiped with an outfit, they will take the shape of that mesh... so unless you have all of the npcs running around naked, you won't see any difference at all in the body type...

but anyways, I did just stumble across this, and they seem to think they have a solution to that problem

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10235

I'm not certain of anything though, since I just came across the link and don't know any of the specifics of the project

Armor will automatically be switched to fit the correct body type (if it's available) whenever a body replacer is being used.

It's a bit of funny, I have used a UFF companion running around for almost a year with complete different body mesh, textures, eyes, teeth and so on than the rest of game. I thought it was so obscure and of no interest so I never bothered to present it.

The last two weeks now the interest for this sort of things have sort of exploded :)

As Tony mention, all clothing must be modified to fit the body mesh you use otherwise you will not see it. And a quick look on the mod Tony points on there seems to be work in progress to kind of automate this selection process, Still you would need cloth meshes that are modified for all forms of bodies you like to have in the game, or they will fall back to vanilla or what ever you have in the main file path.

To quick explain what I did was to copy/create a new race in GECK, in the same time have prepared some paths and folder structures and populated these with placeholders for the new race to initially turn search paths to the new body mesh. You can copy the default or set up with the new body type you want to use, just try to use a similar folder/naming structure like the vanilla, it saves time to only change parts than the whole link structure.

Now you save this mod and be aware you just added a bug, I don't remember the source for the info but as fast as you enter race in GECK you modify the first race AfroAmerican? no matter what you do, this has to be cleaned out with FO3Edit. FO3Edit also is a great tool to change/check settings for your new race/body so make it your friend.

After this starts a bit of tedious work and that is to fire up NIFSkope open all meshes involved in the new race/body and remap all texture paths to the new locations for the unique race/body. That's almost all needed, of course there is two or three test runs to fix paths and other things missed to get rid of all exclamation marks. Of course this also needs to be done if you add a specific clothing for this body type you work on.

It's really cool that this is happening now for I always wanted plethora of body types and sizes in game, but it's a real BIG job to achieve I think it needs a Team to hammer out a naming/path and structure standard if this ever will be a common solution.

:) It's coming along nicely in fact.

I Looked into the other mod that Wookie suggested, and it was a REAL eye-opener.

Honestly, the coding tho change the clothing type to the body type? hadn't even yet occured to me ( The problem had, the solution was absent ! )

As it is, I have an additional problem, as you have mentioned Nimboss, this builds in an inconsistency between the master ESM, and it's own overwrites, on a heinously important area ( races )

I run Lings ( because it's a compilation of clothing, and hairs, which have to be balled up with whatever 'last' mod modified such things, or a bridge esp built as I have.) But it has the very unfortunate side-effect of attempting to add multiple races ( custom ) to the game. These also conflict and had to be cleaned out with Fo3edit. With Lings, I run 'EC', so my child-races are already ingame, and I overwrite Lings with that information.

I have now created 36 custom races, each based on the template of it's parent-race, naming them ( This is the Asian group obviously )

AsianAcupwaxed

AsianCcupBush

AsianCcupStrip

AsianCcupTrim

AsianCcupWaxed

AsianDcupBush

AsianDcupStrip

AsianDcupTrim

AsianDDcupBush

and so-on-and-so-forth

The mesh and texture folder tree has been kept simple (folders appropriatly named with meshes or textures in the "characters" folder in data) with the D size (waxed) ( Berry HD ) as the "default" female mesh/texture.

The A, C, and D cups are all based on Type 3, ( With variations based on what textures are out there, for instance, I used "Alice" as the 'A" cup, and her creator, has only her 'normal' waxed version out there)

The DD cup is exem's mesh/texture; and it of course WILL look "flatter" whenever clothing is put onto someone with it. Unless the clothing was MEANT for his bodystyle.

As is, my esp/texture/mesh folders are concise, and do not affect the game in any way EVEN WHEN TURNED ON. (( UNLESS you have another mod loaded that changes races, in which case, last-loaded wins. If you run a hair-pack or such? Simply add the information from it to the bodies esp, it really is easy, Fo3edit IS your friend, and the basics to do what I am explaining are within the first few minutes of your tutorial! ))

The custom races are all unplayable at this point, and you have to change a character's race in an esp ( I'd suggest altering THIS esp, not another, or build a 'blank' (bridge) one that simply changes the races of the women you want to the appropriate choice in your world).

Doing abit more checking, to make certain people don't HAVE to have Lings or EC loaded before mine works ! See you all later and thanks SO much for the help !!

~J