Companion Jobs

theuseless

As I am new to scripting, I don't even know if it is possible, but wouldn't it be cool to order your companions to serve you in your castle? What if a mod had jobs that you could assign to npc companions. Like a castle that is devoid of servants to begin with, but then you find somebody for the master of the hunt, your cook, the peasants and so forth. Just a random idea.

So each companion would be ordered to specific job titles, which would place them into the scripting written for each of the jobs. So you could grab a non scripted npc and insert them into the role. I think that would take it over the top.

If this flat out isn't possible, please let me know. I will add this to my list of "coolest long term goals" until then.

Well that's not exactly the way I see it .It's luck for you that I'm not trying to make a companion mod that meets my needs but one that allows us to explore the outer limits of what can be done. and the moment I'm working on the multi layer personality system. if you want to have such power over your little companion's you must first give them the need for a job. that's one layer.now we want them to feel a little more life like so they wont stand there looking stupid.so we throw in a couple more layers and soon you have a companion that want's a job and has a little something to talk about.with the need to survive allows opportunity to exploit that need. push to hard and they may abandon, you treat them to nice and they may feel for you.

I am One creator of the ExtremeCompanionControl my new friend who wishs to remain in the dark at this point is two.You could be three if you were ambitious enough to do more then just talk about it. what say you

oh and did I say I was adding a little hunting task that is turning out to be quite fun.