(HELP) make a custom wep

nkmol

i´ve made a custom weapon but i have problems whith the texture.

i use UV/Image editer, an image of internet (JPEG file).

it works perfect, i can see the texture.

but now i need a .DDS file of that JPEG file...

If i open it in Nifskope i can´t see the texture anymore.

pls help me!

ok what do program´s do i actualy need for make custom models?

I got :

bsacmd

tr

DDS converter 2 (dont really work)

PyFFI

Python 2.6

NifTools (Nifskoop)

Blender

TES Construction Set (Oblivion)

things that i don´t know how it works :

bsacmd - is this only for already existing DDS (textures)?

tr - dont know what this is at all...

DDS converter 2 - if i try to convert a JPG photo (a light sword) to a DDS file, it got a error : size = not a power of 2.

p.s i set it on DXT3

can somebody slowy complain what programs i need and what programs i dont need. and what i have to do to make custom weapons.

thnx u all =P

why nobody told me that 1024 x 512 or 512 x 512 and for icons 64x64?

anyways, it works for me.

i can see the texture in Nifskope.

but an other ploblem shows up, actually 2.

first, i dont see the texture in-game.

second, i cant crab (pick up) my custom weapon.

ummm actually 3 problems.

thirth, when my custom wep is in-game, its lying on the underthiny but not on the back (as usually other weapons do).

p.s why is/was nobody responsing on my qeustions, i think some people knew this.

yea sure =P

1.i solved my texture problem.

2.only other NPC´s can crap and wear my wep (when i attack them and there is no other weapon in the room, the NPC take my weapon). i cant take the weapon or i dont know where do i have to click to take it...

3.my weapon has no gravity. when i kill the NPC the weapon is staying in the air. when i try to hit the weapon whith my sword (just a normal weapon), i slash through it. when i walk to it (at other armor/weps the object move), i walk through it.

i dont think i can solve these problems :P

pls help...

thnx =P

is see so many people that can do this!!!!

why nobody want to help me?! xD

1. We have no idea what software you used to create the weapon.

2. You don't communicate very clearly so it's difficult to understand exactly where you're getting stuck.

3. You seem to be able to find out the answers yourself after a little while, so you probably didn't need our help til now.

4. Adding collision is more difficult with nifskope and should probably be done in Blender or 3DSMax or whatever you used to make the model.

5. Once you fix the collision the weapon will probably sit, stand or face properly, rather than upside down on its back. You can rotate it in Nifskope by right-clicking on the weapon and editing.

Finally, I don't have have much time to help anyone right now, I have a new god-daughter, final exams, a sick husband, a dry well, and my own health issues. Since many people are having their own final exams, are getting ready for the holidays, are busier at work now, and even catching seasonal colds, please understand many people are super busy and don't have much time to help.

There aren't a huge amount of modeling experts around anyway, and without a clearer explanation of what you're using to create your weapon and exactly where you've gotten stuck, it's difficult to help you, even if they have some expertise with models.

As a moderator, I'm going to remind you that BUMPING is against the rules, and can get you a strike or a ban. Please don't do that.

Thanks.