meatcap not rendering on certain armors

RitualBlack

The vanilla male memphis kid outfit (found on 'king' gang-members) isn't rendering the head meatcap (arms+legs work fine) when dismemberment occurs and I can't for the life of me figure out why. When I open the mesh in NifSkope and go to;

BSDismemberSkinInstance->Partitions->Partitions-Part Flag

it has Editor Visible unchecked and start Net Boneset checked like it should. Also if I check editor visible to true it shows up in game properly (while actor is alive, expected, which I just tested to make sure it 'worked').

I have checked with a friend also to make sure this specific bug isn't local to my game only. I can't seem to find any threads discussing this specific topic.By any chance does anyone know why this specific meat cap will not render on the memphis kid outfit?

Thanks for the response, + kudos. The head problem is fixed (it was using sectioncap_head instead of torsocap_head in the appropriate field)

but...

in fixing one problem I came across another.

female - MeatCapBody:0

13 bones

4 partitions

male - MeatCapBody:0

12 bones (I don't think the bones are a problem, but the partitions are)

3 partitions -> BP_TORSOCAP_LEFTLEG is missing which explains why both zones show up at once, or if the left leg is severed first no cap is applied.

Thanks again for the help.

By any chance could I get a few pointers to get through this problem. I added the correctly named extra partiton (in the areas where it had 3 instead of 4) but I am not sure what to do next to actually get it to use the 4th partition. I am pretty sure it is through the:

NiTriShape(MeatCapBody:0)-> BSDismemberSkinInstance-> NiSkinPartition-- added a 4th partition but the values are probably given to the mesh when it was exported so it isn't realistic go change all the fields under this section to match.

Ahh, figured as much. Believe it or not, I already had that page bookmarked :laugh: .

Thanks for the confirmation on what has to be done nivea (It may take me a while, I havn't played with any 3D modelling programs in a long time), and thanks for telling me how to fix the head problem senterpat. I tried to give you kudos (nivea) but appearently I already did in the past.