Can someone please help me with CTD's.

titomars

Can someone please help me get on the right path to getting this game to run just somewhat stable? I know Bethesda games. I am a devote Fallout player both on FO3 and FNV. so I am no stranger to the basic game mechanics and mods running in the game. Skyrim is just baffling me at this point. I got the Skyrim legendary game on steam a while back. actually while I was playing FO3. So 2 months ago I decided to give Skyrim a try. I loaded the game on my one of my SSD's hand picked a bunch of mods, most of them from the Nexus top downloads section or mods of month types and a few from that other site. The game ran sweet with about 120 mods and no tweaks no optimizations no wrye bash ugrids at 7 and cell buffer at 64 (I like eye candy). My initial thoughts were WOW Beth really fixed their s***. That's how stable it was. as time went on I added a few clothing mods, etc. but I generally stay away from mods that alter the original game mechanics and just go with added content. well on the play through I noticed as I approached level 50 more and more little things started going weird. finally I got to a point at level 53 where I could not enter most dungeons and caves the game would just crash. Mind you the open world was fine (exact opposite of the Fallout worlds). look up every tweak help article and guide. I tried MO (sucks to me) also Boss is not a friend of mine even in Fallout it never gets my mods right. I tried most everything trying to save the 200+ hours into that playthrough I finally gave up wiped Skyrim from my PC started from scratch with a fresh install With the same mods except this time I installed just about every mod through NMM and set ugrids to 5 and the buffer to 36. Normally I install mods into my games manually. this my 2nd attempt at playing this game has never worked right this time. constant CTD's Dialog missing on some vendors so far, and hung load screens. I can't find anything on the net about troublesome mods. I just don't know where to go from here.

Ohh TESVedit loads my entire game and all mods fine.

My system has the horsepower to run any game.

Intel I7 3770K running at 4.0GHz water cooled and 100% stable.

EVGA Z77 FTW mainboard

16 Gb Kingston HyperX memory (Stock clocks)

3. Gigabyte NVidia 670GTX's set for tri-SLI But only in standard SLI currently (stock clocks)

3. 3D Capable Asus120hz 24 inch LED displays at 1920 by 1080 the game only runs on one monitor

4. Kingston HyperX SSD's (Skyrim runs on it's own dedicated SSD)

1100 watt Enermax power supply

onboard sound

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

My current load order is attached. Most of my mods are hand placed working with TESVedit to get the least conflicts. which has always worked great for the Fallout's.

When I run Boss it only sorts 2/3's of my mods. Also there are a few it does not get right of the ones it knows. GRRRRRRRRRR

Wrye bash says the DLC's need cleaning but that is useless since I have cleaned them and then steam sees them as junk and re-acquires them anyway.

I really would like to go back to ugrids at 7 and the buffer to 64. I just hate the popping in effect.

Any help or insight from all you long time gurus would be appreciated.

not sure what your conflict may be anyway, tried this utilities?:

LOOT (BOSS v3): http://loot.github.io/

Save Cleaner : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/?

Memory Tweak: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

For Loadings: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465/?

pd: wow you think mod organizer sucks? pffft...

Edited by Maniax2

well LOOT sorts way different than Boss. Now it crashes on any load every time. I already use the save cleaner and the memory tweak. But I just upgraded SKSE to the newest release which is required for a couple of my other mods, so I probably need to reinstall the mem tweak.

Thanks for the assist.

Yes I do think MO sucks. Too many years using NMM and FOMM.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/?

check if our problem could be there.

Also i saw u have the COT SOS Patches Sound of skyrim. The danwguard and dragonborn patches patch caused me constant CTD. deactivate them and try again.

Check the SOS and COT patches, and deactivate them all if the first idea doesnt work.

I also had troubles fis FNIS Spells, and PCEA but u better be sure what u do before messing with the animations. check the things above first.

Bump. I am now consistently experiencing CTD's after around 3 minutes gameplay. The rig is not an issue, probably the best pc you could have right now, built it two weeks ago. I use BOSS/Tes5edit/Wrye Bash/Save game cleaner, I also remember to update FNIS and replace the bashed patch at the end of load order, rebuilding it everytime. At first I thought it was being caused by Deadly Mutilation, however that proved false. Here is my current load order:

Okay, I see some things in that load order that make my scratch my head. For one, I see that you have skyfalls-dawnguard edition.esp. I think that is an old version of skyfalls +skymills., which you also have installed. You should uninstall the old version. Also, I notice that you have hdtheels and merida's hair. Do you have the hdt physics extension skse plugin installed? You probably do, but I thought I'd check. If you have that, you probably also know you need a compatible skeleton, such as xp32 extended skeleton and you need a tbbp compatible body replacer. Also, why is your bashed patch before a whole bunch of things? I don't see any mods that need to come after it, and I definitely see mods that are after it, that should not be. In most load orders, it should be at the end. There are probably other things, but it's late. Are you using enboost?

Sorry I uploaded an older file before I had manually repositioned what I needed to. Yes I have the physics extention and xp32's skeleton, and was careful not to overwrite the skeleton with any other mod. This is the current load order.

BOSS
Version 2.2.0

======================================
Summary

Plugin Type Count
Recognised (or sorted by user rules) 159
Unrecognised 33
Inactive 0
All 192

Plugin Message Type Count
Warning 0
Error 0
All 22

* Masterlist updating disabled; at revision: d6b84cf89.
* Note: Latest BOSS thread ("http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1496999-relz-boss-for-skyrim/")
* Note: Your SKSE is up-to-date.
* Note: A dynamically created plugin is installed. Please refer to the authors notes for more information on determining the best load order.
* Note: It appears you have Fores New Idles in Skyrim ("http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811") installed. Remember to run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe every time you have installed or de-installed FNIS, or an FNIS based mod.

SKSE Plugins

SKSE Version: 0.1.6.16

CFM_extensions.dll

chargen.dll

disablefacegencache.dll

hdtHighHeelNative.dll

hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll

nioverride.dll

Recognised Plugins

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

Skyrim.esm Active

Update.esm Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Version 2.0.3 Active

Dawnguard.esm Active

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Version 2.0.3 Active

HearthFires.esm Active

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Version 2.0.3 Active

Dragonborn.esm Active

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Version 2.0.3 Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}

Falskaar.esm Version 1.1.3 Active

Wyrmstooth.esp Version 1.10 Active

ApachiiHair.esm Version 1.4 Active

ApachiiHairFemales.esm Version 1.4 Active

RaceCompatibility.esm Active

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm Active

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Version 3.1 Active

hdtHighHeel.esm Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm Active

MagicDuelReborn.esm Active

moonpath.esm Active

SGHairPackBase.esm Active

brawlbug-plugin.esp Active
* Note: Obsolete. Update to latest version, Brawl Bugs CE ("http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24020").

Brawl Bugs CE.esp Active

Chesko_Frostfall.esp Active

Rainbows.esp Version 1.05 Active

Windfull Skyrim.esp Active

MoreSoundOptions.esp Active

ADS.esp Active

ADS_MSO.esp Active

AOS.esp Active
* Note: See also AOS compatibility patches ("http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44541/") page on Nexus.

ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp Version 3.1 Active

Immersive Sounds - Magic.esp Active

randomthunder.esp Active

mintylightningmod.esp Active

MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp Active

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp Active

StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp Active

StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp Active

83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes_HighSpawn.esp Version 4.1 Active

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp Active

Prometheus_BeastSkeletons.esp Active

CP Apple Trees.esp Active

d_b Whetstone.esp Active

DragonFastTravelRedone.esp Active

Exhaustion.esp Version 1.01 Active

Hunterborn.esp Active

Hunterborn_Dawnguard-Patch.esp Active

Hunterborn_Frostfall-Patch.esp Active

Immersive Battles.esp Active

Immersive Brigands.esp Active

Immersive Dawnguard.esp Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}

Immersive Dragonborn.esp Active

Immersive Factions.esp Active

Immersive Mercenaries.esp Active

Immersive Patrols.esp Active

Immersive Patrols Merged All.esp Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {BASH: Relev}

Immersive Travelers.esp Active

Immersive Werewolves.esp Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - RLO.esp Active
* Note: Use only one Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One esp.

manny Lantern Caretakers.esp Active

Moonpath_TP.esp Active

Moss Rocks.esp Active

Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp Active

ShootingStars.esp Version 1.041 Active

SignTown_by_YURIL.esp Active

Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp Version v6.5.2 Active

Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp Version v6.5.2 Active

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp Active

WetandCold.esp Version 1.402 Active

WetandCold - Ashes.esp Version 1.07 Active

RaceMenu.esp Active

RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active
* Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.

RaceMenuOverlays.esp Active

SkyUI.esp Version 4.1 Active

iHUD.esp Active

HarvestFeathers.esp Active

lilithscarver3_0.esp Active

RegnPiercings.esp Active

Throwing_Weapons_Redux.esp Active

Dr_Bandolier.esp Active

DeadlyDragons.esp Active

moonpath_questdata.esp Active

Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp Active

Babette.esp Active

FalskaarDawnguard.esp Active

FSS-Slight pause between lines.esp Active

Grass_On_Steroids_SFO.esp Active

SFO - Dragonborn.esp Active

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp Active

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp Active
* Requires: 0 Dragonborn-Dawnguard_Compatibility Patch ("http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60") \ Dawnguard + Dragonborn.

Upgraded Weapons and Armors.esp Active

RiftenThiefEdition.esp Active

SkyrimSewers.esp Version 4.11 Active

Open Cities Skyrim.esp Version 1.0.4 Active

OCS + Skyrim Sewers.esp Version 1.0.3 Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp Version 4 Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp Version 4 Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp Version 4 Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp Version 4 Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp Version 4 Active

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Weathers.esp Version 4.0.8.02 Active

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp Version 3.1 Active

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp Version 3.1 Active

Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp Active

CoT-WeatherPatch.esp Active

CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp Active

CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp Active

CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp Active

CoT-WeatherPatch_NL3.esp Active

SkyrimHeartRate.esp Active
* Note: Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function.

Better Vampires ML.esp Active
* Contains dirty edits: Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function.

ToL_Core_by_Brevi.esp Version 1.5 Active

Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp Active

BloodmoonRising.esp Active

Spell Levitate.esp Active

DeadlySpellImpacts.esp Active

DeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.esp Active

FNISspells.esp Active

MagicDuelReborn - Shouts.esp Active

Realistic crime report radius.esp Active

ACE Realistic Fighting.esp Active

Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp Active
* Note: Use only one Dual Wield Parrying*.esp.

Locational Damage.esp Active

The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp Version 1.8 Active

ACE BYOG.esp Active

ACE Speech.esp Active

ACE Archery.esp Active

ACE Armor.esp Active

ACE Enchanting.esp Active

ACE Magic.esp Active

ACE Melee.esp Active

ACE Smithing.esp Active

ACE Synergy.esp Active

Sneak Tools.esp Active

Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp Active

Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp Active

Throwing_Weapons_Redux_PerkTrees.esp Active

dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp Active

SGEyebrows.esp Active

SGHairPackAIO.esp Active

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp Version 9 Active

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp Version 1.2j Active
* Note: For safe install need dismiss all your followers, save, delete all included mods, load again, save and install UFO. For safe uninstall or update see special instructions on mod page ("http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14037").

UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp Active

UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp Active

UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp Active

DeadlyMutilation.esp Active

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp Active
* Note: Ragdolls will conflict with other mods that change the skeleton.nif. Check Custom Skeleton Replacers ("http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16712") for compatibly with other skeleton.nif.

CharGen Morphs.esp Active

CharGen ECE Morphs.esp Active

ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp Active

EEO Morphs.esp Active

EEO ECE Morphs.esp Active

BloodyFacials.esp Active

RealisticWaterTwo.esp Version 1.11 Active

RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp Active

Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 2.esp Active
* Note: In case of persistent zoom-in issues, consider creating and using a Userlist to load the map lower, below any dynamic plugin(s).

Bashed Patch, 0.esp Version 93 Active

ASIS-Dependency.esp Active

ASIS.esp Active

Unrecognised Plugins

The following plugins were not found in the masterlist, and must be positioned manually, using your favourite mod manager or by using BOSS's user rules functionality. You can submit unrecognised plugins for addition to the masterlist directly from this log by clicking on a plugin and supplying a link and/or description of its contents in the panel that is displayed.

Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp Version 2.0 Active

Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim - Merged - Deep Immersion.esp Active

HHoS Ancient Shrine DI.esp Active

HHoS Subterranean Hot Spring DI.esp Active

SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.esp Version 3.0.esp Active

SkyFalls DB + FS Small Waterfalls.esp Active

SkyFalls + SkyMills Dawnguard.esp Active

SkyFalls + SkyMills Dragonborn.esp Active

SkyFalls + SkyMills Falskaar.esp Active

SkyFalls + SkyMills Wyrmstooth.esp Version 3.0 Active

Enhanced Blood.esp Active

ScarletDawnArmor.esp Active

Demon Hunter Armour.esp Active

Travel Attire.esp Active

MeridaHair.esp Active

Vivid Landscapes.esp Active

MoonGlow.esp Version 1.0 Active

iNeed.esp Version 1.13 Active

vwr Wet Eyes.esp Active

DragonboneBarbarianArmor.esp Active

Immersive NPC in the dark.esp Active

IndividualizedShoutCooldowns.esp Active

ArrowRecoverySystemOverhaul.esp Active

FSP - Dawnguard Edition.esp Active

FSP - Unique Towns & Locations.esp Active

StaticMeshImprovementMod-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp Active

Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT.esp Active

AOS2_EBT Patch.esp Active

AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp Version 2 Active

AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp Version 2 Active

AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp Active

SkyrimHighDefinitionLODs.esp Active

SkyrimHighDefinitionLODsDragonborn.esp Active

Okay, see some plugins that are redundant. You have two versions of Brawl bugs patch active. You have a bunch of esps from immersive patrols as well as the merged plugin that contains all of them. You have more skyfalls+skymills plugins than you need; the last four are all included in the first one, I think. Unfortunately, if you are using boss, you will have to make user defined rules so boss will sort your plugins the way you want them sorted so you don't have to place them manually every time. You'll have to look at the instructions the mod authors give on their pages for information on where to place things. I suggest using BUM. The UI is a little clunky and frustrating (it had me cussing like a sailor at my computer for a while before I finally figured out how to make it work the way I wanted it to), but it prevents your having to manually place unrecognized plugins every time you run boss. Believe me that it saves a lot of time in the long run by making it possible to run the ASIS patcher if you don't want to use SUM. Anyway, I don't know if getting rid of redundant plugins will fix the problem, but I think that getting rid of obvious problems will not hurt, and it will definitely get us closer. Unfortunately, everything has a learning curve no matter how experienced you are in similar areas.

Ah yes, thank you for that, on the Skymills page the optional files descriptions haven't been updated, and say they're not included in the main mod. I have tidied that up. Disabled both Brawl Bugs, however Immersive Patrols main file unpacks all of those esp's so they're needed. I use SUM and the only mods I have to rearrange are Hideouts of Skyrim, Grass on Steroids and Skymills. The game appears to be much more stable, however still crashes within 10 - 20 minutes of gameplay. The only pattern I can discern from the mostly random crashes is when Fire spells are cast. Sometimes I can clear all of Riverwood's NPC's with Fire spells and walk out of there without a game hitch, other times it freezes as soon as I cast a fire spell. I tried disabling ACE Magic Plugin, however that had no effect. I'm leaning on the fact that the game engine simply can't take on the Load Order I want. Any idea's?

I'm fairly sure that the merged version was made to lower the number of plugins the game has to load, so I don't think you need the others. I would ask the mod author. Like I said, this may not solve the problem, but it seems to have helped so far. Unfortunately, I have zero experience with ACE, so I can't help you there. CTDs can often be caused by scripting conflicts. If you have two plugins doing the same thing, the engine can get confused. Rather than allowing you to save corrupted data, it will crash. That's the way I look at crashes, anyway. I'll look over the boss log again, but maybe someone else will see something I missed.