Should we be able to use animals in Pharmaceutical reasearch

rbrophy2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if the research ends up like this... Then it's all just pathetic...

(Caution: Don't watch if you don't have a strong tolerance for abuse as there is animal cruelty in this video.)

I agree with animals use in medical research, without it the reasearch will suffer a long delay. Not to say about potencial negative side effects that is only discovered through animals tests.

@Sharkul

Most of serious research use rats or rabit by their small size and fast reproduction rate, so there's no use of endangered species in researchs ( except the fake ones like the Japanese whose hunt whales for food but claime that it's for research... yeah to make a better sushi maybe...)

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if PETA paid for that mistreatment themselves, just so they'd have the video to show to potential donors. They are not an organization I trust at all...

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail...dal-dogged-peta

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1435475/posts

http://blozor.blogspot.com/2005/12/peta-ghraib-scandal.html

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

That being said (I'm not wading into a PETA fight), the contents of jaosals42's video are what I was talking about when I mentioned "cruelty" and "endangered species" (AFAIK, most monkey types are endangered). Should not be tolerated at all.

Edit:

@rogruim,

I know that most research is done as you describe... I just wasn't going to endorse testing carte blanche because abuses are not impossible.

I think we should use criminals sentenced to life in prison.Their already living off our tax dollars why kill poor defenseless little animals,when "scum" are so handy! After all humans are animals also!

Dont disrespect the criminals! and for the record the human animal thing technicly we are animals but when was the last time a bear said hi to you and the poor defenseless thing i think that bears can handle themselves dont mean to disrespect just stating the obvious

I think we should use criminals sentenced to life in prison.Their already living off our tax dollars why kill poor defenseless little animals,when "scum" are so handy! After all humans are animals also!

Don't disrespect the criminals! and for the record the human animal thing technically we are animals but when was the last time a bear said hi to you and the poor defenseless thing i think that bears can handle themselves don't mean to disrespect just stating the obvious

don't disrespect,murderers,rapists and child molesters!!!!! what planet do you live on.Their not worth the food they eat,nor the air they breath and you defend them!!!!! My god are you insane? ( no disrespect)

Don't disrespect the criminals! and for the record the human animal thing technically we are animals but when was the last time a bear said hi to you and the poor defenseless thing i think that bears can handle themselves don't mean to disrespect just stating the obvious

don't disrespect,murderers,rapists and child molesters!!!!! what planet do you live on.Their not worth the food they eat,nor the air they breath and you defend them!!!!! My god are you insane? ( no disrespect)

i didnt say nothing about no child molesters they can burn for all i care but i have no problems with murder as long as there is a reason involved no killing innocents nothing like that anyway no offense to nobody but this is my opinion

While I agree with some of the sentiments, just because someone is in prison doesn't necessarily mean that they are guilty or deserve to be human guinea pigs. As long as there is the potential for wrongful incarceration, such a thing couldn't be morally imposed. Additionally, people who have a tendency toward violence or other destructive behavior probably wouldn't make for a very good test sample. Kinda why when any drug goes to human trials, they almost always screen out people with pre-existing, unrelated issues. Atleast rats, mice, zebra fish, and rabbits can be tested reliably without the chance of anything else conflicting with the data.

Edited by Vagrant0