Should we be able to use animals in Pharmaceutical reasearch

rbrophy2

don't disrespect,murderers,rapists and child molesters!!!!! what planet do you live on.Their not worth the food they eat,nor the air they breath and you defend them!!!!! My god are you insane? ( no disrespect)

While I agree with some of the sentiments, just because someone is in prison doesn't necessarily mean that they are guilty or deserve to be human guinea pigs. As long as there is the potential for wrongful incarceration, such a thing couldn't be morally imposed. Additionally, people who have a tendency toward violence or other destructive behavior probably wouldn't make for a very good test sample. Kinda why when any drug goes to human trials, they almost always screen out people with pre-existing, unrelated issues. Atleast rats, mice, zebra fish, and rabbits can be tested reliably without the chance of anything else conflicting with the data.

Thats kinda what i was going for but i think death row inmates should be given a choice

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats kinda what i was going for but i think death row inmates should be given a choice

And, in certain cases they are. It's just that normally, atleast in the US, that really isn't an option since most prisoners are either mentally unstable enough as is, or are on some form of narcotic. There are simply too many factors which would interfere with data if you are testing with any population that exhibits a wide range of mental, psychological, and chemical problems. Even the Nazi's came to realize this (allegedly).

Edited by Vagrant0

don't disrespect,murderers,rapists and child molesters!!!!! what planet do you live on.Their not worth the food they eat,nor the air they breath and you defend them!!!!! My god are you insane? ( no disrespect)

While I agree with some of the sentiments, just because someone is in prison doesn't necessarily mean that they are guilty or deserve to be human guinea pigs. As long as there is the potential for wrongful incarceration, such a thing couldn't be morally imposed. Additionally, people who have a tendency toward violence or other destructive behavior probably wouldn't make for a very good test sample. Kinda why when any drug goes to human trials, they almost always screen out people with pre-existing, unrelated issues. Atleast rats, mice, zebra fish, and rabbits can be tested reliably without the chance of anything else conflicting with the data.

I never said to force them...Let them volunteer.They might as well do something for society since they have already proved their incapability to live in it!

That's kinda what i was going for but i think death row inmates should be given a choice

now here you and I agree. I think the choice of lethal injection, the gas chamber,electric chair is more than fitting. Bring back Public hangings...some criminals might think twice!

I can see how criminals sentenced to death row could be used for this sort of medical research, though even then I do think there ought to be ethical guidelines on how these people ought to be treated, and they should be put under anesthetics if the procedure is bound to be painful. Even animal torturers are bound to think twice before breaking guidelines and physically torturing another human being.

Unless of course, they are just as twisted as the criminal.

I never said to force them...Let them volunteer.They might as well do something for society since they have already proved their incapability to live in it!

That's kinda what i was going for but i think death row inmates should be given a choice

now here you and I agree. I think the choice of lethal injection, the gas chamber,electric chair is more than fitting. Bring back Public hangings...some criminals might think twice!

Acutally i prefer the public shooting... but anyway thats not what i was going for death row inmates should be given a choice between death or testing and life in prison

I dont find anything wrong with it, myself. I would make exceptions for some animals though. Those that possess a certain level of intelligence should be off limits. There are a number of animals capable of performing many of the same mental tasks as human child. I dont see any reason why being human should be the sole reason for not wanting to perform tests on one, so it must be the qualities that a human possesses that prohibits it. If another animal has those qualities, they shouldnt be experimented on either.

Why use creatures that have no benefit for this so called research to help humans? Becouse we are to greedy and we'd do anything to save our own skin. Simple...

Wait a min. why are we testing things for humans with animals we should be testing human things with humans

exactly.The military used to use volunteers to test many things.LSD was one fine example.Last time I knew we all,including aniamsl bleed red.So why as the "supposed" highest form of animal life to we use the "supposed" lesser creatures.Pain systems all work basicallt the same.

Wait a min. why are we testing things for humans with animals we should be testing human things with humans

Becouse we are afraid my friend, becouse humans are cowards.