Where the hell is Erik the Slayer?

dwellufool

Wondering if anyone ever found Erik or know of anyone finding him after he is lost. I dismissed him and some other companions (using UFO) just outside of Fort Dawnguard. Everyone made it home safely, save Erik.

I have received no notice of death, waited ~2 weeks game time around the inn and monument South of Rorikstead, but he's nowhere to be found. Hoping someone found him at some point.

Letting a glitch that loses a tribute character slide isn't the classiest move. Any help appreciated.

I'd rather not console him back in. If I did, would all his packages be reset or would he work properly? (know where to go etc)

Edited by dwellufool

From the WIKI "Erik may occasionally be found beside the road close to Gjukar's Monument for unknown reasons."

Otherwise, He is likely stuck somewhere near where you dismissed him. His exact location may not be visible if he has fallen into one of the world cracks in the game. :pinch: Use either the method shown above to go to his location Be sure to make a save first as you may find he actually is dead. and you will end up in a strange room filled with dead NPCs - and you will have to use another console command to get out "COC Riverwood" Or just reload that save.

OR, use the console to move Eric to your location -This will not work if the target NPC is dead

Erik's ref ID after being hired is is 000656E2

Open the console

"PRID 000656E2" - this identifies the target as what you want to work with in this case, since you already know the ID for Erik - use it.

"Moveto player" moves the target identified to the player's location

DO NOT USE "Placeatme" to move Erik to you as that will make a duplicate and you will then have two of the target in your world

From the WIKI "Erik may occasionally be found beside the road close to Gjukar's Monument for unknown reasons."

Otherwise, He is likely stuck somewhere near where you dismissed him. His exact location may not be visible if he has fallen into one of the world cracks in the game. :pinch: Use either the method shown above to go to his location Be sure to make a save first as you may find he actually is dead. and you will end up in a strange room filled with dead NPCs - and you will have to use another console command to get out "COC Riverwood" Or just reload that save.

OR, use the console to move Eric to your location -This will not work if the target NPC is dead

Erik's ref ID after being hired is is 000656E2

Open the console

"PRID 000656E2" - this identifies the target as what you want to work with in this case, since you already know the ID for Erik - use it.

"Moveto player" moves the target identified to the player's location

DO NOT USE "Placeatme" to move Erik to you as that will make a duplicate and you will then have two of the target in your world

Ported to him and found him out in Falkreath. I had to re-hire for 500g, so I'm guessing whatever held him up down there messed him up a bit. All's well for now, though. He's back in Rorikstead. Muchas gracias.