Custom armour mash-up invisible in-game

Teratoid

As the title says, the mash-up I've made is invisible in-game. It is, however, visible and fully textured in both Nifskope and the GECK.

Since I'm very new to this modding thing, I suppose I can't be sure I haven't gone wrong somewhere. I have, however, triple-checked the steps, Googled anything missing from instructions, etc. But I haven't managed to get the armour to show up in game.

The armour itself is a combination of NCR civilian armour, combat armour, and a bandolier + boots from the tailor-maid mod, all of which have been morphed to fit the Type3 body; so basically, it uses stock textures, all of which I've extracted, placed in their own folder; also set it up to use the right body textures, set custom paths for the armour bits through Nifskope, all that jazz. As I noted, it shows up in Nifskope's rendering window just fine, and in the GECK too. When I equip it in game... nothing.

The tutorials I've been following are listed below:

Creating Armor Mashups in Fallout 3 with Blender

Creating an armour for Fallout, Parts 1 & 2

Tools (as suggested by Nif Scripts):

Blender Nif Scripts 2.5.9

Blender 2.49B

PyFFI 2.1.11

Python 2.6.6

Nifskope 1.3.3

I'm using a stock skeleton.nif, as well as the very same import and export settings suggested by the tutorials. I've re-weighted all the armour parts by copying them from Type3 based leather armour conversion, made sure shaders are flagged properly in Nifskope... basically, I've done almost everything suggested in the tutorials, short of make the armour from scratch.

There are two things. The first (perhaps obvious) issue is that the tutorials appear to be for Fallout 3, but from what I've gathered, they work for New Vegas too. The second issue is in the Nifskope stage of the 'creating an armour for Fallout" tutorial; there is an instruction to change the "TSpaceFlag" from 240 to 16 for the armour parts. However, that flag doesn't seem to exist in the NiTriShapeData blocks for any of the armour pieces. Now, is this part important? I could be wording my searches wrong, but I can't find much on this through Google.
would anyone be kind enough to point out where I've gone wrong?
tl;dr - did everything in the linked tutorials, the armour mash-up is visible in Nifskope and GECK, but not in game, would like some help with this.
Thanks for reading!

First you should not use skeleton.nif (you will need to go back to a save file you made before importing that skeleton.) instead use the vanilla body whatever gender your making the armor for, you will run into bodies not lining up with hands and heads. At least in my experience this is a issue, I notice it alot in Type 6 and Type 6M because it was exported with skeleton.nif.

Second this sounds like a shader problem, make sure your turning on the right shader options when you export. When you go to export it there is a section called Shader Options, click the Cloth button. You will need to apply skin shaders to skin manually in nifskope.

Ah, thanks for the response!

When you say I should use the vanilla body, do you mean I need to use the stock game model, or the vanilla version of the body I've made the armour for (in this case, the Type 3 body)?

Second, I have been using the shader settings recommended by the guides I linked;

http://i.imgur.com/Z5EN9td.jpg

Clicking "cloth" doesn't appear to change those, so I pressume they already match the cloth preset?