Romances

Puddintaine

Is it just me, or do all the characters look scared when they are having sex? I know Morrigan is a lil intimidating, so maybe having sex with a witch of the wilds would be scary for some one. :blink: But do they always have a surprised, shocked, frightened look on their face? or is it just my elf character lol

• 1 month later...

To those claiming that you cannot have 2 active romances at the same time without mods, I must say that in my previous game (with the latest patch) I _did_ have an active romance with both Morrigan and Leliana. Even bedded them one after the other during the same camping session.

I think the trick was to first hook up with Leliana and choose her over Morrigan. Then just continue chatting up Morrigan even though you bed Leliana every chance you get (and keep the approval rating at 100). In the end, Morrigan invited me to her tent after which I was worried if Leliana would like me anymore, but she didn't seem to know what had happened.

u can even bed morrigan if your relationship with her is -50, i did that with a male character. so u don't need to keep giving her gives just dissaprove of everything

also you can only have two lovers if your pursuation(sp) is high. So say if your with alistair and Zevran but before it gets serious with either of them you have to tell zevran that you choose alistair but i think there might be an option to say that you still want to be with him, not sure as i can't remember. But i remember when i made my character queen and zevran questions about it and you can say that he cna still bed you

• 4 weeks later...
Most romances, if not all, I think, are more dependent on where you are in the game than anything else, even approval rating, and also on whether you have completed the character's personal quest or not. They act like every other scripted milestone in the game, they're designed so that they can't advance past a certain point at a certain time. They also seen to be quite dependent on how much time they spend in your party and which particular events they've been able to see and comment on. Your approval will increase just because of a romance anyway, it's not such a big deal, and it's probably meant to simulate a gradually strengthening relationship as it happens, not before it happens. You don't just suddenly get to sleep with Leliana or any other character, it takes a while and there's a few stages along the way.

I don't think so, i managed to get around 80 approval with Morrigan before even leaving Lothering for the first time, its all about how silver-tongued you are and if you got gifts.

It's also whether your actions and dialogue with certain quests related figures are approved or not by the members in your party; if you threatened the Revered Mother in the Lothering chantry with Morrigan and Alistair in your party, Morrigan's approval will go up, but Alistair's approval with decline.

If your Morrigan's approval is high enough and your coercion is up to par along with your cunning -for persuasion- you can help Wynne save the circle and convince Morrigan -if she's in your party at the moment- that she might have been a Circle Mage if things had panned out differently for her. If either Morrigan's approval is too low and/or your "communication skills", that dialogue option won't even show up.

Talking to Alistair in Camp for the 1st time -hopefully gaining approval with the options you pick- can quickly open up new dialogue options when you initiate a new dialogue, after the previous topic has concluded.

Sten is a tougher nut to crack, his approval only rises a few notches at a time. Gifts can readily increase his approval; and if your persuasion skills are high enough, you can even convince him that your actions are more complex or more justified than he assumes -thus, possibly negating a negative approval response.

It also matters whether or not you have a companion in your party during certain quests/events; if Shale is in your party when you find Caridin, you can either gain a lot, or lose a lot of approval with Shale. It also decides how you may receive Shale's personal quest and how can get the map marker to Cadash Thaig.

I was hoping for a non-mod solution, and I always talk to my party. Except for Alister, saving him until I can complete the party and hear his views on them.

I just want to keep leliana liking me without getting the "Its either me or her" speech. -30 approval is devastating...I do suppose hardening her would lessen the approval drop.

Don't use the Romance dialogue options with Leliana, like "Do you often enjoy the company of other women?", if your player is female. Don't give her the flower Andraste's Grace, that's a romantic gesture. Simply use the lines that boost approval, without giving her the idea you are romantically interested in her. If she shows interest in you, choose the dialogue that she is a treasured friend, but don't lead her on that she might think you're in to her. That way she will become your friend, not your lover. Then there's no romantic tension between Leliana and the one you are romancing.

You probably don't understand. What I need is to keep Leliana from dropping a huge amount of approval while in romance with Morrigan, while not breaking up with either of them.

Without a mod, that's not possible; if you're pursuing romances with more than just one companion, than the jealousy factor will always kick in. It's her/him or me. And that always results in approval loss, regardless. One non-mod solution; pursue only one romance on each playthrough.

Save your game once you arrive in party camp for the first time. Start romancing one party member. Load the "Arrival Party Camp" save and you can choose a different romance partner. Mind you, you will then have to play the different story tangents, so you will have to play all the quests that follow twice -one with the first romance partner, and another with the second romance partner. Or even more complex if you wish to romance all companions that can be romanced.