The magic spells.

LaZi3b0y

Hi, I'm wondering if someone would be interested in helping me with changing a few things with the spells of oblivion. To change some of the spells in the game, for example the Fireball, it would be cool if you could charge a bigger ball than just instant cast. And maybe create a new animation for the spell as well.

Like when your charging you move around the hands so that they create a sphere around the fireball. (I'll try to find a demonstration somewhere)

And maybe create some other new spells and animation. And also maybe make the spells a little more versatile like when your using a ice spell you can create a spot of ice on the ground by casting and the attacker will trip on it when following you, or with lightning you can electrify a little pool of water to electrocute the enemy in the water (like in bioshock).

And things like this, can't really come up with much more ATM, but i bet there are a lot of creative minds here on this forum who can come with more things.

Chargeble spells already exist. In a mod, anyway.

Ok :P But then it would be nice with the animations, if that's possible^^ And maybe if there is a way to add additional casting animations to the game for more variety. I understand that there might be some complications with adding new animations too the game.

Charging spells to regulate their power can be done with my mod Chargeable Spells.

For extra effects on default effects you can use Supreme Magicka.

For a bunch of new spells with new visuals Midas Magic is a must.

For some cool extra features with spells I suggest Doc Magic.

They all should work pretty well together.

Unfortunately there's just a few animation modders and only a few animation mods, and I think there's no single one that adds new animations for spellcasting, so that remains uncovered, but indeed it would be nice. I get the picture of that mage kind of drawing the fireball into the air and then pushing it towards the enemy or whatever kind of ritual gesture before the casting, but again, that's up to those who know how to make animations.

Charging spells to regulate their power can be done with my mod Chargeable Spells.

For extra effects on default effects you can use Supreme Magicka.

For a bunch of new spells with new visuals Midas Magic is a must.

For some cool extra features with spells I suggest Doc Magic.

They all should work pretty well together.

Unfortunately there's just a few animation modders and only a few animation mods, and I think there's no single one that adds new animations for spellcasting, so that remains uncovered, but indeed it would be nice. I get the picture of that mage kind of drawing the fireball into the air and then pushing it towards the enemy or whatever kind of ritual gesture before the casting, but again, that's up to those who know how to make animations.

Thanks for the tips. :)

Knew about the Midas Magic mod from before, great stuff! :)

Maybe its a lot to do with the animations and all, because i suppose you'll have to create new animations for the other spells that doesn't fit in on the new animation for example fireball spell. But i would be extremely cool anyways, so if any animation modder wants to take this on i would be very grateful! :D