Less ammo

Antioche

My idea would be to ask in the lost mod topic...

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=123802

But really, I am just curious, what part of

Fallout 3 Modification Requests

Got an idea for a killer modification that hasn't been made yet? Outline your ideas here and discuss it with others. Who knows, it might get created!

made you think you would find the answer here?

Well, it was an older mod, and had never been updated as far as I knew.

I have noticed over the years, mods that are 'broken' ( or that code holes are poked by DLC's that their authors never fix ) can be purposefully removed by authors. - or mebbe admin when the authors are absent?

Since there is no replacement for the mod ( Nothing that lowers the amount of ammo found in containers worldwide )

I thought the mod might need to be recreated, or perhaps there was a current ( patch 1.7 yada yada ) reason it was no longer feasable.

...but, thanks for the heads up along with the tongue lashing Tony.

~Jack

Well, it was an older mod, and had never been updated as far as I knew.

I have noticed over the years, mods that are 'broken' ( or that code holes are poked by DLC's that their authors never fix ) can be purposefully removed by authors. - or mebbe admin when the authors are absent?

Since there is no replacement for the mod ( Nothing that lowers the amount of ammo found in containers worldwide )

I thought the mod might need to be recreated, or perhaps there was a current ( patch 1.7 yada yada ) reason it was no longer feasable.

...but, thanks for the heads up along with the tongue lashing Tony.

~Jack

Well, if you want a new one to be made, that would make complete sense.

But from the way you said it in your first post it seemed like you were just looking for a lost mod. But if you are wanting it re-made, you might want to better explain what it did, for people like me who have no clue what a "CMLess Ammo" mod is...

My intent is not to be rude and tell people what to do, I just don't see you haveing much sucess at solving your problem by asking the wrong people and not fully explaining what it is you were looking to be re-created. In the end, I truly don't care where you post this stuff, but when it comes back with no responese im sure you will :wink:

Hmmmm..

No answer in the other forum s'far. But it's only been a few days.

The mod in question, which no longer seems to be available; was a 'realism' mod, aimed at reducing the amount of ammunition found in the world. Thusly making ammo-reloading mods quite handy, if not necessary.

The mod affected both containers found, as well as the shells left on a fallen foe, and oftimes reduced the number to 1 or 2 rounds. (Though it was not terribly uncommon to find five or so)

It seemed like it ran a %-reduction, with a "can't be below zero" or something of the sort script on loot?

I got the impression that if normally there were 15 shells or so, there would be like 5 with the mod loaded. But if normally there would be 5? it wouldn't take the 'last round' leaving a single shell in an ammo box or body.

No more fistfulls of shells. I found my weapons being chosen ( levels 1-10 at least! ) based on what ammunition I had the 'most' of.

( Around 15th level I would turn the mod off, so that the 'regular' amount of ammunition would show up in long-forgotten bunkers, and higher level encounters. )

I am unfamiliar with the world loot code, if there is such a script running, and have no idea where to start in rebuilding such a modification. Any ideas or suggestions anyone?

~Jack

• 3 months later...

:confused: Maybe i'm a bit late and not really where I should be, but for Antioche and those looking for less ammo, there is an .esp in Arwen's Realism Tweaks mod that does exactly that, along with other loot/trade tweaks. It's very good, and more challenging. ;)

I'll also post this where Antioche posted the other question...