Tes V

dasocksjunk

Bethesda's Todd Howard ealier announced not to hope for a Tes V.

This has angerd alot of people, but i ask: why can't we make Tes V?

Why can't we get a team of 30 modders together and make Tes V?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/15/elder-sc...ce-for-elder-s/

Don't get angry at me if this topic has already been made.

Just let me know and ill remove this post.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess such a thing would be possible just not likely at all, considering the way big projects tend to go anyways. Good luck, though to anyone who tries.

Other than that, I dont think I would like a TES mmorpg. I highly doubt I would ever play it. Ive had my fill of them and will probably never play another.

The reason I like Oblivion so much in the first place is that it can be modded. Some really great moders ideas can come to life and make a good game even better. An mmorpg would completely lose that.

I would like to hope for a ES V, though if they don't release one, I'd be cautious about making an expansive mod about what it may have been... Last thing anyone needs is to get in trouble with copyright laws...

I'm never going to stop loving mods though, either way... :biggrin:

Just don't call it TES V, or anything similar to avoid any copyright issues. The last I heard was they were projecting late next year though. Beth likes to keep people guessing until they start their pre game ad campaign.

Look, I don't know a lot about Elder Scrolls, having not played the earlier games, and I'm kinda new to the community in general so I hope I'm not speaking out of turn...

...but, well, isn't this exactly the kind of huge project that tends to implode in the pre-production state due to lack of free time and motivation, other newer games that need playing, and massive disagreements among the fans of what an Elder Scrolls V "should be like" and how to "improve on the canon"?

Not trying to be discouraging, mind you, just realistic.

But hey, I don't really know what I'm talking about. For all I know, you guys might be the most unified, resourceful and disciplined fanbase on the entire internet.